I. | ONE

☆ mentions of blood !

— SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO ;

Eight watched the blood seep from the thin cut on her index finger, a slight sting to the paper cut as she tossed her book on her bed and grabbed a band-aid from her dresser. From the hallway, red lights flashed and an alarm played overhead. She rummaged through her stuff for the domino mask.

Footsteps thumped down the hallway and stopped by her room, "Your mask is on your dresser. Right in front of you."

Y/n looked from Five to the space on her dresser right in front of her. "Oh."

"Yeah, when was the last time you slept?" He queried, leaning against the door from.

"Last night. I got a full eight hours." She bragged, sticking her tongue out at him in a childish manner while slipping past him to rush out of the academy.

— A WHILE LATER ;

The seven members stood lined up against the wall of the bank by the back entrance, backs pressed closely to wall.

"Who's going in first?" Ben said softly from the end of the line.

"We don't need a plan. Let's just wing it, yeah?" Y/n suggested from the front of the line, holding the door open for them.

"But Dad said-" Luther began.

"Dad spews a lot of shit that doesn't really matter. Now, get inside the building." Y/n held her arm out as Allison went in first.

"... I'll go in through the roof. Surprise attack." Luther grumbled, starting his climb on the ladder.

"I'll go in the entrance down there with Diego." Klaus waved a dismissive hand and jogged after the said boy.

Gunshots fired from inside the building. The members paused for a moment and held their breaths. "I'll go in." Eight offered.

"Good luck." Ben called after the door had clattered shut.

She creeped around the bank, past Allison and whatever everyone else was doing and made it to the hostages. A robber was harassing one of them to hand their wallet over. Y/n got a hold of his shoulder and a thick, glossy layer of ice coated him quickly.

"Just hold on a little longer, yeah? We'll release you soon." Eight assured the woman and gave her a smile.

Diego rushed by her, chucking two knives in the air, "Guns are for sissies, real men throw knives!" He called as he threw them.

Though aimed at Allison and the robber standing by her, dazed from Allison's power, it turned and stabbed another criminal.

"Remember what I said. We'll let you out soon enough." Y/n gave a small two fingered salute and rushed to join Diego, Luther, and Allison's side.

The robber Allison had rumored a few minutes ago jumped up on the counter, pointing his gun from Diego to Allison, then Luther. Y/n joined them as the weapon shook in sync with his had from nervousness.

"Careful up there, buddy!" Diego taunted, a cunning look on his face.

"Yeah, wouldn't want you to get hurt!" Allison added on.

"Stay back!" He threatened.

"Or what?" Five asked as he teleported in, sitting on the counter space behind him. The robber turned and a warped blue light flashed. When it was gone, Five was too.

The criminal turned again, a stapler now (somehow) in hand in place of his gun, "That's one badass stapler!" Five laughed a bit and slammed it into the mans head.

Y/n and Klaus moved to free the hostages as the group gathered around the vault. Ben stood awkwardly in front of the door, as if his biggest fear was behind it waiting for him.

"Do we have to do this?" He asked in a low, soft voice.

"Come on, Ben, there's more guys in the vault." Luther urged him.

He sighed, "I didn't sign up for this." He muttered and entered the vault.

The six of them watched the silhouettes of the tentacles move around as Ben used his power. Blood splattered on the textured windows as people shouted from fear and pain. Then, it all stopped. The door clicked open and Ben stepped out, drenched in blood. He let out a shaky breath.

"Can we go home now?" He asked.

"Yeah, c'mon. I'm a little tired anyways." Y/n put an arm around Bens shoulders, walking with him as they made their exit.

The door to the vault Ben had just exited from creaked open and a loud noise ricocheted through the air. Eight hissed as something stabbed through her abdomen, a dark liquid showing through her clothes. Diego clicked his tongue, throwing a knife at the survivor that had shot Y/n.

"What do we do?" Klaus asked slowly as the blood formed its own little pool by Y/n's shoe.

"It's just a scratch." She laughed, clutching her side as the warm liquid seeped through the band-aid she had put on earlier and the creases of her palm.

"No, it's not. You need, like, medical help." Allison took her other arm and wrapped it around her shoulder, letting Y/n lean into her.

The metallic taste of blood spread onto Y/n's tongue, dark shadowy figures entered her vision as she felt light headed, her eyelids were heavy and it was a fight just to cling to what consciousness she had left.

"Allison can do something, right?" Diego shrugged, looking to the girl.

"Uh," she looked to the ceiling, "I heard a rumor... you weren't in pain."

Y/n let the words fall over her, usually she'd try to not let Allison control her but this was a clear exception. She jolted awake, leaning off of Allison.

"Wrap your blazer around the wound." Five instructed. "To prevent a lot of blood loss for a bit."

When they finally left, cameras flashed at them and police officers put their weapons up at them. They stood in a line and waited for their father to join them and explain what went on inside, that they're not the criminals here.

"Lower your weapons!" "Who are you?" The police officers shouted at them from a distance.

Reginald walked over to the crowd of news reporters, "Our world is changing. Has changed. Their are some among us gifted with abilities far beyond the ordinary. I have adopted seven such children. So, I present to you, the inaugural class of the Umbrella Academy!"

"Mr. Hargreeves! Channel 9 news. Aren't you concerned about the well fair of the children?" A reported asked, holding the microphone closer to get his response.

"Of course. As I am for the fate of the world."