chapter fifteen

Emma POV

I been avoiding Xavier for weeks now. After that lunch together I did all my best trying to avoid him. He keep appearing wherever I go and I keep avoiding him all I might. I can never should be seen together with him again. His mother will not like the idea and I can't let that jeopardize my job as a doctor here in their hospital.

It's been a week also that I feel dizzy and nauseous everytime I smell the scent of coffee. I run again to the bathroom. I lean .y head on the side and take a sit since I feel dizzy again. I been suspecting something but I still need to confirm it. I took a blood sample of myself to run a laboratory test. I need to wait for a couple of minutes to find out the results.

I sound of my phone grab my attention and I took it out and read the message. It says that I can get the result now. I clean mouth and brush my teeth. Then I went to the laboratory room.

My hands is shaking when I open the paper that has result on it.

POSITIVE

I am pregnant!

Shit shit! Why did it happen? I walked fastly to my clinic with my shaking legs and hands. I don't know how did I able to get inside. I clutch the paper and put it above the table. I look down into my tummy and rub it.

I have a tiny human being inside of me. I should be happy since there will be addition to my little family. Me and my sister will have a baby to cuddle and play. I know Lisa will be happy knowing she's going to be an aunt. I smiled and I think so who cares I don't have a husband I will give birth this baby and I will shower him/her with love he/she deserves.

Then I went outside and drive my car outside the hospital. I been craving to eat green mango, chocolate ice cream and banana cake! I should have known that I am pregnant since eversince I don't like the taste of green mango but now just thinking about it my mouth become watery.

I park my car in the store and look for green mango inside, then I took a banana cake from cake shop and chocolate ice cream too. I will go chubby with this pregnancy who cares anyway! As if I care!

I munch the mango first then followed by the cake. I am still hungry even after I finished the cake and the mango. I took the ice cream and open the lid. I walked slowly heading to my clinic while I happily eating the ice cream in my hand.

I got inside and close the door. I didn't notice a person seating down in my chair reading the scramble paper I left on top of my table a while ago.

I gasp when I noticed him looking at me angrily. He's hair is messy and with bloodshot in his eyes which shows of lack of sleep.

"What are you doing here?" I said still eating my ice cream. As if I let it go.

"When are you going to inform me about this?" While he hold the paper in his hand.

"I just discovered it this morning. But I don't think it's your concern Xavier!" I said still munching my ice cream.

"Not my concern? It's my baby inside your womb and you just said not my concern?" He said angrily.

"It's not your baby ok? It's mine only! Can you please go outside. I want to be alone!" I said to him angrily.

"What the hell are you talking about? Not mine? Even I am a man I know it's mine. Don't you dare deny it!" He said angrily. I look at him shocked. Its my first seeing him like this so I kind of shock.

"Fine it's yours! But what? I plan to keep it ok? Don't worry I will not pestering you about your responsibility to the child. " I told him while I seat down in the stool near me

"Huh? What are you talking about? Not pestering? Are you planning to cut me out my baby's life?" He said

"I think it's for the best right? I know you still want to play around and you don't expect this happen. You don't have to take responsibility on me! I am fine!" I said while I look into my ice cream cup only to find it empty.

He angrily stride towards me and grab my wrist. I look at him angrily while I try to snatch my hand back but it's useless he's too strong for me.

"I will take responsibility of it. I am the father of the child and I will not let abandon my own child.!"

"But you...!!!"

"Don't you dare say any word again! I will take responsibility period. You can't escape from me and that's final!" He said loudly making it boom in my room.

"I don't want to!" I told him

"I don't care! Your going to marry me whether you like it or not. I am the father of the child and I won't let you go both!" I look at him stunned. No way I will let it happen.

"There's no way we will marry just because I carry your child. Look Xavier we can co parenting the child!....!"

"I said it's period.. you will marry me!" Fuck this man.

"Xavier please! No I can't marry you!" I shake my head I don't want to have problem with his mother.

"Why are you refusing me? Can't you see? I can't even sleep properly because you keep avoiding me like I have contiguous disease. Please let me take responsibility and I promise to be loving husband you could even asked !" He pleaded looking at me.

"No...!"

"I will sue you.. I swear! If you keep avoiding me and you will not agreed marrying me I will sue you!" Huh? Is he serious?

"Seriously? Are you insane?"

"Call me crazy insane or whatever! But I am never been so sure of my life!" He said then kneel down and kiss my stomach

"Hey baby! It's your daddy! Mommy is so bad. !" Then he hug my belly and kiss it once again.