XII

32 BBYTheed, Naboo

32 BBY
Theed, Naboo

Jaika walked alongside Anakin, while Captain Panaka and Padmé spoke to the Viceroy and other remaining members of the Trade Federation. Jaika watched as the strange looking men were guided by a few guards onto a large red ship that had landed in the plaza.

Jaika looked over at her brother who was a few steps ahead of her. Anakin quickly turned around after noticing his sister's absence, and waved his hand over to her as he signaled for her to keep up. The girl gave the red ship one last glance before rushing over to Anakin, who was stood next to Obi-Wan as a larger ship lowered its ramp.

A couple of guards that wore many layers of blue armor, walked out of the ship carrying staffs. Once they stopped, Jaika noticed the newly elected Chancellor that she saw on Coruscant, walk down the ramp with a pleased smile. Jaika noticed Obi-Wan bow towards the man, making Anakin and Jaika obediently do the same.

Jaika straightened her posture, as she looked ahead at the older man who approached them. "We are in debt to you for your bravery, Obi-Wan Kenobi. And you young Skywalkers, we will watch your careers with great interest." The Chancellor spoke, smiling down at the twins who looked up at the man with curiosity. The Chancellor chuckled to himself as he walked away, patting Jaika on the shoulder as he passed. The man's touch made cold shivers run through her veins, as she instantly felt uncomfortable.

The girl buried her emotions once she noticed the approaching members of the Jedi council. Jaika and Anakin bowed towards them, alongside Obi-Wan. As the Jedi walked along, Jaika took a step back to let the adults pass while Obi-Wan placed his hand on Anakin, guiding him out of the council's way.

Jaika followed Anakin, as they walked over to where Padmé was speaking to the Chancellor. She came to a stop, observing Padmé's intricate dress and sophisticated hairstyle, which she could imagine took hours to have done.

As Padmé congratulated the Chancellor on getting elected, Jaika looked over her shoulder at the Handmaidens who were stood behind her. She met Rabé's gaze, who was dressed up in a yellow velvet shawl. The handmaiden shot the young Skywalker girl a small smile, which Jaika responded with a friendly one; before she turned back around to focus her attention back onto Padmé.

~☆~

The two Skywalker twins sat next to the other, sitting on a window ledge as they looked out towards the setting skies over Naboo. The large window looked down on the massive gardens that stretched out over to a forest. Jaika was eager to explore it, but restrained herself as she was aware that she would not be on Naboo for much longer.

The siblings were currently waiting for Obi-Wan, who had left them to speak with Master Yoda. Padmé was currently speaking to multiple senators, which disinterested the twins. Anakin and Jaika would much rather race through the endless fields until they could no longer run, but with the presence of the Jedi Council, both of them knew that would not be a good idea.