To America

You were taking a walk down the street in Los Angeles, USA. There wasn't much to do today as you were spending your time there looking around for an apartment that you could afford. You were moving from Japan to America for school and work. You were a photographer and studying media production. But aside from that, things were alright. Money problems were a bit of an issue and living off of your parents' funding wasn't the greatest of things, but you were still trying your best.

However, if there was one thing you benefitted from the most for your work, it was the existence of superheroes and quirks. Whenever there was a battle, you were there, taking photos for papers around LA and trying to make a quick buck for yourself. So, when an explosion went off down the street, you were energized to run in and do your job. Being quirkiness wasn't the best, but you still had a job to do.

As you were running in, you saw a woman run beside you before she pushed you back.

(Y/N): Hey!

Woman: Stay back! Let the pros handle this!

She leapt forward and then transformed into a cow and charged in. You were a bit confused but shook off the warning and ran in. You got into cover as you saw Electroplant and the woman fighting off a pair of villains. You began to take a few snapshots of each hero. Not recognizing the woman, you believed this could have been her debut. Looking over the photos as the job came to an end, you smiled as everything seemed to have come out perfect. You smiled.

Unknown to you, the woman was looking at you after guiding the attackers to the cop cars.

Woman: Hey, Electro. (Points to you) Who is that guy?

Electroplant: Don't know. Fan boy maybe? Why do you wise to know, Cow Lady?

Cow Lady: Because he was rushing to here before we showed.

Electroplant: Well, how about instead of looking at him like a college student, you go over there and talk. I have more important things to do today.

Electroplant used his quirk to pick up a manhole cover and used it as a platform as he moved down the street. Cow Lady looked back at you and saw you on the phone. You were on a call from your editor as she walked up to you.

(Y/N): Mr. Jameson. I understand your concern with the spider guy and the old man who's been teleporting around the world, but shouldn't it be more important to focus on the city and less on the world right now? No, I'm not saying that at all. (Sees Cow Lady walking up to you) Sir, please. I think these show a good team of heroes. (You smiled) Yes sir. You will have these pictures before the end of the day. (Sighs) And yes, I'll get pictures of the spider guy.

You turned back to Cow Lady and saw her giving you a questioning look before she offered up a smile.

Cow Lady: So, want to tell me why a civilian like you was rushing into a fight?

(Y/N): Oh, photographer. Wanted to get pictures of the fight.

Cow Lady: Uh hu.

(Y/N): I'm serious if you're denying it. So...I take it this was your debut?

Cow Lady: Oh, no. Debut was a couple of months ago. But I appreciate the ability to think so. Just got out of the Academy.

(Y/N): Oh. Well, welcome to the work force then.

Cow Lady: Yeah. So, outside the papers, what's your story?

(Y/N): Oh, (Y/N) (L/N). I'm moving here from Japan. Media studies.

Cow Lady: Well then. Sounds like fun. Walk and talk. I know a good café near here.

(Y/N): I dont want to-

Cow Lady: Relax will you. Just a talk between friends right? Name's Cow Lady.

You nodded and followed her. However, she guided you to an alley with a car and told you to weight as she got in. She tapped your shoulder and saw she changed into civilian clothing. She gave you a smile and you quickly followed her. Inside the café, you both ordered some lunch and sat down.

You told her about some of your money issues and that you were a struggling college student. She did offer a small photoshoot for your college project but denied her. It wasn't because you didn't want that special one-up, but you wanted to do so on your own without a free throw away. Regardless, she was cool and seemed to enjoyed talking to you. Eventually, you exchanged phone numbers and parted ways.

A couple of days later, you had gotten your pictures to your editor and were busy working on a project for school. Thats when you got a text from Cow Lady or as she liked to be called while off duty, Gabby.

Cow Lady: Hey! Still working on that final photo project?

(Y/N): Gabby, I'm not putting you in a photoshoot!

Cow Lady: Oh come on! Think about how beneficial it can be. It gets you out there as the first person to do a photoshoot of a new star hero and it gets attention for my name. I see no reason why this wouldn't work.

(Y/N): I already have someone for the project.

Cow Lady: ...You've got a lazy classmate don't you?

(Y/N): ...Yeah...alright fine! But you owe me!

Cow Lady: Done!

You gathered up your equipment and drove off to the location Cow Lady wished of you. Once you pulled up, you saw her putting her mask on and giving you a smile. You stepped out and began to gather up the gear from the back as she walked up to you.

Cow Lady: Hey good looking.

You blushed and turned back to her.

Cow Lady: It was a figure of speech.

(Y/N): Yeah. I got that.

You walked past Cow Lady, leaving her with a bit of a sadden face but you didn't notice. You were also not going to be bringing along your "partner" for two reasons. The guy was lazy as hell so you weren't going to reward that behavior. Secondly...he was a perv. And well, you weren't going to deny that Cow Lady had some...assets. But that wasn't why you agreed to this.

She was right. You had no real fine subject for your final project so this was your only option. You began to set up all the equipment as Cow Lady walked in and began to fiddle with her hair.

Cow Lady: So, what should I do for this?

(Y/N): You just stand in the white space, don't touch the hair or face. I'll do that party to optimize lighting.

Cow Lady nodded and stood in the area. You walked over to her and moved her hair a bit and gave her the orders to move a bit to get into a good position. From there, you began the shoot. It wasn't your first one so everything went off by the books for you both. There was no major hiccups, no major upsets either. She did as directed and the pictures were taken.

You asked her to fill out the consent form as well and you began to pack up your gear. As you were, Cow Lady walked over to you and sat down in front of you. You looked up at her and cocked an eyebrow.

(Y/N): Yes?

Cow Lady: So...I got a house.

(Y/N): Ok...?

Cow Lady: You're welcome to live there if you want. So long as you contribute to the bills.

(Y/N): Ex-excuse me?

Cow Lady: You always said how you had money issues. So...I'd figure this would work. There are two rooms left open. One can be your bedroom, the other your studio. Just make sure you can pay.

(Y/N): I...wow...um...I...

Cow Lady: Yes or no?

(Y/N): Yes!

Cow Lady smiled at you and you smiled back. She then kissed your forehead and began to walk off. You blushed and shook it off before looking back at her. You saw she had a sway in her step. She glanced back at you and winked before she walked off.

(Y/N): What did I get myself into?