EVEN DEATH HAS A HEART

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

LACUNA
(n.) a blank space, a missing part

♢ ♢ ♢

The women in front of Ravenna was never seen in the apartment complex before which led Ravenna to think about the only possibility. She must be new to the building, but she seemed to know the Italian next to her.

But before any introductions could be passed to each other, Rafael headed straight for the elevators without sparing another glance to the women behind him. Ravenna glanced at the women standing near the entrance once more before rushing over to the rushed Italian.

"Rafael, she was calling you." Ravenna told him as he entered the opened elevator.

"I don't care." He answered back without further expanding. Ravenna sighed and pressed the button to her floor. Without further intruding, Ravenna patiently waited for the doors of the elevator to prop open.

As soon as the doors propped open, they both made their way to her apartment door. Ravenna carefully placed all the bags down to remove her keys. Quickly opening the door of her apartment she made her way to the kitchen to place all the shopped grocery.

"Are you mad?" Rafael asked from behind her as she started to remove everything from the bags.

"No, should I be?" Ravenna answered as she opened the fridge that was needed to be stocked.

She turned around from the fridge to collide into him, standing behind her. He gracefully cupped her face into his hands, making Ravenna look at him.

"Are you mad at me Ravenna?" He repeated his question as Ravenna gave him a reassuring smile before shaking her head 'no'.

"Rafael it's not my place to intrude. If you want to tell me then that's a different story." He nodded before pulling away from her. Ravenna continued to stock up the fridge without noticing him slipping into her bedroom.

As she finished off, her eyes wondered around to see where the Italian had situated. Upon seeing no trace of him, she headed off to see where he had gone off. Ravenna made her way to her bedroom after checking the living room.

She halted in the doorway upon seeing him with a photo of her little brother. Ravenna hesitatingly walked up to where he was sitting at the edge of her bed. She took a seat next to him as she waited on him to pull his gaze away from the picture.

"Who's this?" Rafael asked without looking away from the picture.

"That was my little brother." Ravenna answered as all the memories flooded in from the moment she lost him to the point she lost her mother.

"What do you mean by was?" Rafael further asked.

"He passed away from leukemia at a young age." Ravenna answered after taking a shaky breathe.

Rafael finally looked at her. It wasn't easy for her to open up to him either, but she did it regardless. She did because she trusted him. She trusted him with everything she owned. She trusted him to walk to hell with her if needed. She trusted him with her demons.

"How do you do it?" He finally asked. Ravenna looked at him confused.

"What do you mean?" Ravenna asked still not aware of what he was talking about.

"Open up to me." He responded making Ravenna smile.

"Because I'm not afraid to show you how vulnerable I am." She replied gently as Rafael looked at her admirably.

"Rafael you're allowed to feel. It's part of us all humans. We have to accept that with pleasure there is also pain, but that doesn't mean that we start taking pain relievers. The truth is not only will it numb the pain, but also numb your ability to feel." Ravenna explained to him as he simply listened to her.

"Then I've become a drug addict Ravenna." Rafael answered plainly.

"What do I make you feel Rafael?" She asked wanting to know more about how he loved others. She waited for him to answer as it seemed as he didn't know how to answer that question without giving too much away.

"You make me feel human." He answered as Ravenna smiled at him gently.

"You're no monster Rafael. You're just a little more damaged than the rest of us." Ravenna answered assuringly as she placed her hand over his. He looked into her azure eyes that reminded him the calm ocean at midnight.

"Well let me go set something for us to eat. You could have your ice cream for dessert." She got up from the bed to head out, but a tight tug on her wrist made her land right on top of the Italian sitting on the bed.

"Rafael." Ravenna whispered as he pulled her closer to him. He only hummed in response as he snuggled into the crook of her neck.

"I'm not hungry." He whispered on her neck as she could feel her pulse rise.

"Okay." Ravenna was only able to mutter the singular word as he had his arms still snaked around her waist.

His lips grazed her lips as he traced her skin. Ravenna instantly melted into him as she let her mind relax and just remained close to him.

"I would be the death of you." He whispered to her as Ravenna felt him plant gentle kisses on the tip of her collar bone.

"Even death has a soft spot, a heart, Rafael." Ravenna whispered back.

"You're beautiful." He continued his whisper. Ravenna sighed at his words. She just hoped his words wouldn't be merely sweet little nothings. She knew he held way more power than she did because it was easy for him to say that he would leave her when she knew that she wouldn't be able to let go of him.

But, what if at the end she was holding onto merely a fantasy? What if at the end she found out what she was holding onto was merely nothing at all? Because at the end of the day it wasn't her who was telling him that she would leave him, but it was him.

♢ ♢ ♢

Welcome back guys! Little something for you guys to know is I usually get a lot of questions about my updating schedule, so I decided on setting timers for you guys to save on my author Instagram. So, go follow my page there where you will be able to see the days, minutes & seconds left till my next update. You guys also will get the opportunity to ask me questions on the platform. Everyone is more than welcome to join my page. Thank you for reading once again.

♢ ♢ ♢

【AUTHOR CONTACT INFORMATION】

➊. Instagram | erotica_iris_grace

➋. Email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com

❸. Aesthetician Instagram | iris_grace_

VOTE & COMMENT

J. Iris Grace