8.

She knew she was dreaming but the horror of what she was seeing was all the same.

She saw her father and brother arguing with Soongho when she introduced them. They both were police officers and they knew his reality.
She was horrified herself that the man she had fallen in love with, whose marriage proposal she had accepted was one of the most wanted man in Korea. She could never be with someone like him.

She kept watching though as her brother pulled the gun, aiming it straight at Soongho's head.

Bang! Bang!

Soomin woke up with a jolt, sweating profusely. The sound of the shots that destroyed her happy family rang through her ears.

She hadn't had a bad dream in a long time but it could be attributed to the fact that she never slept long enough to dream. This dream was triggered by the knowledge that the first part of her plan was going to be executed today.

She was extremely silent at work too, Namjoon noticed. He had reassured her time and again that with the help of his team he'd help her.

Namjoon's brothers, the six people he trusted the most in the world and who would do anything for each other had been surprised after hearing his plans to help Soomin escape. But like him they understood why it was necessary. They all had the same dream. Freedom. So they had agreed to help him no matter what.

"Are you sure your friends won't betray you?" She said finally, one hour before her mother was supposed to be evacuated. "I'm sure, Soomin. We have been together through thick and thin for almost a decade now. My team is loyal to its members, then our employer. You won't believe it but we're more like mercenaries rather than Mafias."

She sighed. "That still doesn't make me feel better." She saw Namjoon moving towards her. He took her hand, his eyes soft as he guided her towards her office. He somehow managed to make a cup of chamomile tea and sat infront of her.

"This should help you calm your nerves. It wouldn't help to have you jittery infront of Soongho. He'll see right through you." She smiled sipping at the tea. "I can't thank you enough, Namjoon. You've barely known me for a month and yet you are doing so much for me. I'll be indebted to you forever."

He caught her hand, his thumb moving over her knuckles which somehow made her insides go weak. His dimples weren't helping either. She realised with a jolt that she had started liking Namjoon, more than a friend.

"You owe me nothing, Soomin. I'm doing this for you as much as I'm doing for myself. You told me to pursue my dream and that's what I'm doing."

Her heart beat faster at his words. "What's that dream?" His smile deepened. "You might run away if I told you." "No! Tell me."

He took the cup out of her hand, placing it safely on the table and pulled her chair closer so that her legs were trapped between his. He saw how she gulped as his fingers grazed along her jaw, resting there as he looked deep into her eyes, ensuring that she saw everything he felt.

"My dream is to get out of here. To get you out of here. I want to start a new life. I want you to start a new life as well. I want to see the light that you talk of rather than this darkness. I want you to show it to me and I want to show you that light too."

Soomin felt tears prick threatening to fall but she controlled them. Instead she smiled and held his hands tightly.

"That's a wonderful dream, a beautiful one." He bent forward still smiling and pressed a tender kiss to her forehead. She closed her eyes, taking in the affection if only for a moment because it had been so long since someone touched her the way Namjoon did. As if she was the most precious thing in the world.

"I am glad to know that though I'm not sure if I won't face difficulties when I get out of this but I'm willing to take the risk. If you'll still support me." She nodded happily at him. Of course she'd help him just the way he helped her.

They went out of the office feeling much better and prepared for what was to come.

There was no fear in Soomin when a furious Soongho asked her to come back to his place immediately. There was no fear when she entered his messy office, him looking angrier than ever.

~~~~
Warning:

Violence and foul language in next chapter. Reader's discretion is advised.