The Celebration - Chapter 5

At long last two pm finally came and Ann could not be happier to finally get a break from the angry voices from inside. Zinnia and Fred's row has finally subsided for both of them knew that they were just wasting their time arguing with one another.

Though this did not stop Zinnia from staring daggers at him as he drove all the 6 children and her to the country side.

The Hexas came over fifteen minutes to two and because Zinnia adored them so much she stopped shouting at her husband for their sake, not her children's. It was a pure moment of awkwardness though; the four of them ringing the doorbell when the parents of their best friends were screaming at the top of their voices, not caring about a single living soul.

They came with big presents wrapped in colorful wrapping paper (they had been saving up for the occasion), all dressed in their best clothing.

Soph wore a dark green jumpsuit with her hair in a bandanna while Jack chose to style his overalls.

Laura wore a pink flowery dress with a puffed up skirt that hit just below her knees, while Grazer managed to rock his usual jeans and joggers with a button down white shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows.

"Mum and Dad been having a row," Ann informed the group as they came to their door.

"Oh wow, we didn't notice," Grazer said sarcasm visible in his voice. Soph muffled a giggle.

"Very funny," Ann replied rolling her eyes at both of them, annoyed because of how the day has been going so far.

"You guys shouldn't have bought us so many gifts," Jae tried changing the subject.

"Yea,"

"Come on, we are best friends so naturally we were saving up for you guys' birthday," Jack said his arm around Jae's neck.

...

When everything finally got settled down. The eight of them filled in the mini-van Fred rented because the car was too small to fit them all.

The back was not large enough to seat six people but no one really complained even though Soph was pretty much cramped on top of Laura.

The presents were left at home as they would be opened once they all come back.

"How were you all allowed coming with us on such a short notice?" Ann asked as they began to drive, cool breeze washing over them.

"Aunt said that she knew I was going to go anyway because she discovered your gift under the bed, so she didn't stop me. I am good riddance, she says,"

"That's rubbish," Grazer muttered under his breath. Whether he had a particular dislike for Laura's aunt or a particular likeness for Laura, nobody was really sure.

"What about you both?" Laura asked looking at Jack and Soph.

"We told Gran once we were dressed up. She just waved her hand to tell us to move from in front of the T.V., though we took it as a yes," Soph grinned.

"Well uncle wasn't letting me go. He said that I am grounded. I am sure he did it so that he can enjoy me pleading him. But I didn't listen to him and came anyway," Grazer said quite proud of his daring.

"Aren't you gonna be in trouble later?"

"I doubt that, pretty sure he doesn't care anyway." He said looking out of the window.

Ann looked out too. The trees were lush green in this side of the city. The road under was rocky as the van kept jumping up and down. The place where they are going is just beside the small pond in between the little green valley like landscape just outside the city. This place was discovered by mistake when the Wesley's car broke down, when the twins were just around three. Since then this has been the Ann's favourite place. In the rare times when they came here, Ann felt as though a movie character lost in an unfamiliar world. The garden as she likes calling it, was her getaway. She particular liked the birds that always flew over her head chirping their songs. The only odd thing was that these birds were not visible to anyone else.