Violet's Thoughts

Eislyn P.O.V.

As the five of us walk to the kitchen, I hear Kinger and Dash congratulate Vicious and Ajax who won't let go of each other. I blink the tears away from my eyes as I remember spending time with Dagger. I know that we haven't been gone from one another that long, but I love him so much. I want to be with him all the time, and I can't. 

I see Kinger's head turn as a certain maid with the name tag Bernadette walk by. I shove him away to go chat it up with her. He thanks me with a smile, and Vicious shows me where the kitchen is. Gosh, I'm being a true matchmaker. 

"Can we help you with anything?"

"Pen and paper would be great. Besides that...no."

Vicious walks around me and pulls open a drawer full of office supplies.

"Is this sufficient?"

"Yes, thank you very much. Can I eat anything?"

"A maid should be coming by any minute to help you with food. You may ask for anything."

"You are free to go. You as well Ajax. Go have some lover time."

With a quick thank you, the two of them practically run out of the room, hand in hand. With the rest of the boys gone, that leaves Dash and I sitting together in silence. I work quietly on questions I want to ask and things I need to set up in the club agreement. 

Soon, a maid comes by asking what we want, and I ask for waffles while Dash says and I quote, 'Whatever's easiest'. It's nice to not feel pressure to talk to anyone for a while. Dash is perfectly happy talking to the maid, which I learned her name to be Violet.  

"Ma'am, can I help you with anything else?"

"Oh, no. And please call me Eislyn."

Violet's smile brightens when she hears she can call me by my first name.

"None of Mikeal's guests ever let me call them by their first name. Thank you very much."

"Of course. I'm nothing special."

"Mikeal would disagree. He talks about you a lot."

That's weird. We didn't really take a liking towards each other when we first met.

"Do you know why?"

"No. Though he does say that you remind him of a past lover."

"Oh, that's gross. That's not what I was expecting at all."

"Mikeal lost his memory years ago, so when things came back their fuzzy. You could remind him of his daughter."

"Well, that would be weird because our first meeting was a little...iffy."

"Kinger told me. He was so wasted. Didn't even know what he was doing. Kinger and Vicious had to remind his morning. It was the funniest I've ever seen!"

Violet bursts out in laughter, slamming her hand against the counter. She waves a hand in front of her face as she holds onto her stomach with the other hand. I crack a small smile as I watch tears of joy come down her face. 

"I have never seen that man so confused. It was great!"

Violet snorts again as she thinks over the memory. 

"He needs to retire. Hand the club down to someone. Anyone. It's practically falling apart."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes, of course, Ms. Eislyn."

"Eislyn is fine."

"I'm very sorry."

"Don't worry about it."

"Your question?"

"What if Four Aces decided to come up with a contract with The Birks to combine the clubs?"

"I think there would be challenges and losses of people on both sides. There has been so much resentments towards each other, due to past events and how the separation of the clubs even happened. But the most loyal people, who you would want to stay anyway, would stay. In the long run, it would better for both clubs and the town. At least, that's what I think personally...though no man has ever really asked my opinion."

"I think you shouldn't wait for a man to ask your opinion because no man ever will. You deserve to be heard."

"Women are treated a little unfairly, but most of the rules are inclusive."

"What's the biggest problem?"

"Meetings. God, there are so many fucking meetings that women aren't allowed to attend. It's the most god awful, annoying thing ever."

"What if I wanted to change that?"

"How could you? No women has much say in the political aspects of the clubs. All women get to really choose is the relationships, which the women are in charge of."