20

The next morning, I wake up to a bright room. Stuffing my face into a pillow for the longest time. I take my time to sit up.

At first glance, I'm met with a card placed on the bedside table. Not a greeting card, a credit card. The thought of him somehow seeing me drool in my sleep, has me second guessing my decision not to lock the door.

Then again it was his home. I didn't need his stupid card. I think mentally as I walk into the kitchen. You can understand my surprise opening the fridge to see it completely empty.

Absolutely nothing, at all.

I close the doors feeling the gust of cold air float away. Next I search the cabinets, and pantry right after. Not even pots or pans.

It looked too expensive to be some sort of safe house. Maybe he has just moved in. It doesn't even look lived in.

Rereading the note he wrote. I crumble it making a shot into the trash bin. "Order food."

Well I can't starve can I? Picking up phone up. I hear the dial ring, waiting for my call. I'd seen a phone like this on tv.

I memorized my favorite pizza place's phone number as a kid. "One large cheese please."

I didn't want to wander around his home. I couldn't help it, I could say I was getting another shirt right.

Pushing the cracked door open, i'm met with a king bed. The room was a grey, modern. Kind of like mine, but a size bigger in everything.

His view was even better than mine. His closet was filled to the rim. Color coded, black, grey, and white.

I take one of the white shirts i've seen him wear under his suit. I'd dreamt of tearing it off of him, making me hesitant to put it on.

Taking the shirt, I put it into a dirty clothes basket he had in a corner. I feel like i'm floating on a cloud.

I've worn the shirt of his before, but it felt personal now. I was invading his privacy.

Walking into his bathroom, a tray of cologne sits in the center. I almost run to it. I happily put it to my nose, closing my eyes in bliss.

It slips a bit from my hand when I hear a knock on the door. Placing it down, I hurry to the door. It had to be my food it's been a while.

Opening the door, instead of seeing a pizza delivery I see a man. "Who are you." I look him over.

"You see something you like?" He asks, walking right at me. Pushing me aside harshly, I stand by the door with my mouth open.

"Who are you?" I question once again, ready to dash. "He left you here alone?"

"You didn't answer my question." A throat clears beside me, catching me off guard.

Pizza.

___

I take my third slice flipping off Antonio. Apparently he was .. 'a friend' of Stefano's. I knew I should question it, be afraid even. I'm past the point of caring.

I am now confusing my emotions with fear, and honestly obsession. I couldn't get Stefano out of my head. When I wasn't thinking of the bad, it was him lingering around in my head.

I knew he would disapprove of me sharing my pizza with a man I didn't know, and even more mad about me letting him into the apartment.

"Leave some for me." I tell him watching his hand reach for a fourth.

"You had seven, Carmen."

"This is my third!" I gesture myself throwing it at him. He didn't flench but somewhat rolled his eyes. "How do you know my name?"

I ask suddenly confused. "Word travels."

That doesn't explain anything at all.

When we got quiet nothing was heard. I failed to turn a tv on earlier. It wasn't awkward silence at least.

"So how do you really know Stefano?" Friend wasn't good enough for me. I wanted to know as much as I could.

He licked his lips before answering. I knew by his expression he was careful with his words. He wasn't very good at hiding it.

"I've been by his side for a while."

"You run things too?" I put my crust down onto the plate I found in a cabinet. I didn't like pizza crust.

"Fuck no." He shakes his head adding on to his words.

"More like a bodyguard, but I get shit done."

"His dirty work?" He held in a grin when the door opened. "Stop asking questions." Stefano walks in with Rico trailing behind.

"Rico!" I exclaim happily. It was nice seeing a familiar face.

"What's up sexy." My eyes widen.

"Guardalo." Rico backed away from Stefano's words. He held both of his hands up walking to the pizza.

"There's none left!"

"She ate it."

"You ate two." I accused him.

"You ate four!" I shake my head, picking the empty box up.

"Throw it away." I shove it into Rico's hands.
Looking at me as if I had two heads, he looks at Stefano. Who I haven't looked at yet. I didn't want to honestly. Something changed in me last night.

He scoffed, walking into the kitchen.

"See your way into my study." There was no asking in Stefano's voice, he demanded.

Amusement left Antonio's face in an instant. He got up and followed Stefano's fast moving form.

Leaving me like I didn't exist. I could hear feet walking up behind me. "So why are you here?"

Rico jumps onto the couch, almost falling off of it. Hearing my giggle he regains his control resting his head.

"I'm your babysitter now."

"Are you?" He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. He looked quite comfortable, maybe I spoke too soon. The two of us jump at Stefano's loud yell for him.

I could see the shock written on his face. He looked like he wanted to sob. "Well, that's me." He moved like the flash.

Sigh