💋𝟐𝟔.

"You Got Me. . ."
-The Roots & Erykah Badu💋

Chapter 26:

August

Wednesday

Wednesday

Sitting on the edge of the California King bed as the sun rays beamed on his tattooed covered skin, August stared straight ahead at the open window of Ariel's bedroom, thinking heavily about his brother's involvement in the bank heist that was supposed to be taking place this morning at nine.

It was currently 7:30 am as he looked at the time on his cell phone, and he sighed deeply running his hand through his curly fro. He had been trying for the past two days to get in touch with Antwan since he hasn't been staying at the house lately, but everytime he calls, it goes straight to the voicemail.

August knew his brother all too well and figured that he would have to stop by the crib eventually to grab a few things, and was planning on catching him before he arrives. Antwan could dodge his calls all he wants, but August was going to make it his mission to get at him for sure.

Glancing behind himself, August saw Ariel peacefully knocked out as her wild hair covered her face. He leaned over towards her gently running his fingers through her hair, as he smiled in content. He was beyond grateful for her loyalty, and felt as though if it wasn't for her telling him about Antwan's illegal plans, then he wouldn't have been in the position to stop him.

August wasn't in the dark this time around of knowing, and he appreciated the fact that Ariel was being more honest within their relationship. He may not have been sure in trusting her before, but after the other night, caused him to trust her more than he ever imagined.

Watching her sleep, August continued to stroke her hair lightly being careful not to disturb her as he admired her natural beauty. He was weak and extremely vulnerable to this one woman, and couldn't help that he had fallen for her so hard.

 He was weak and extremely vulnerable to this one woman, and couldn't help that he had fallen for her so hard