That One Question

Eislyn P.O.V.

"Wait, you wanted that all over your face? Don't I taste bad?"

Dagger chuckles, climbing out of the bed.

"Nope, not at all. I should go clean this off though."

"Yeah, you should do that. I don't want my bacteria all over your face."

He moves into the bathroom and quickly comes back out with a steaming towel. He wipes his face before moving in between my legs to clean me up.

"You should stop being so insecure with yourself. I love every part of you, and you should love every part of yourself too."

"But I have so many flaws."

"Those so called flaws make you exactly who you are. And who are you is so wonderful, I can't imagine you being anyone else. Your body does so much for you, you should learn to love it."

"You're right. It's just that I've been told that I'm worthless and useless and ugly for a long time. Sometimes, even though you say it a bunch, it's hard for me to accept that I could ever be beautiful."

"I'm so sorry that you had to go through that and I love you, but one day, with or without me, you are going to have to move past your past. You cannot allow your abusive mother to control the rest of your life. I want to be here to watch you move past it, but if I'm holding you back-"

"No, absolutely not. You, my love, are the only thing helping me move past my past. I need you here...with me. If you will have me."

"I will have you with every part of my being. I know this isn't completely romantic, and we are both half-naked, but can I ask you a question?"

I lift my eyebrows in confusion but not my head anyway. I wonder what he's got up his sleeve, though he has no shirt on.

"Would you, Eislyn Rose, accept me, Dagger Eastwood, to be the holder of your official claim?"

Dagger bites his own plump bottom lip nervously as he awaits my answer. 

"Well...what do you say, little one?"

"Yes. You are mine, and I am yours."

A smile spreads across Dagger's face as he lifts me up into his lap. His boxers rub against my pussy but I don't pay too much attention to it as he kisses me happily. Dagger spins us in a circle in the middle of the room like a scene out of a movie. I laugh out loud as he sets me back down on the floor. 

"Gosh, I love you so much!"

"I love you too, Dagger."

"I want to shout it off the rooftops."

My face drops when I realize he can't do as he pleases. In order to settle my deals with Mikeal, I still have to be welcome here. I might not be so welcome when he realizes it only took a few hours away from Dagger to decide I wanted to be with him. 

I know I'm not exactly here for the challenge anymore and Mikeal sees me more like his long lost daughter, but I don't know how much his other advisors (that I haven't met yet) are going to feel about my staying. I don't know whether or not they know Dagger is here, but I'm not exactly sure they don't know. I'm about eighty percent positive they do. 

My face full of sorrow and sympathy, I look up at the man I love with my every nerve. Dagger caresses the side of my face. 

"What's wrong?"

"You aren't going to be very happy with what I say."

"Say it anyway."

I take a deep breath.

"We have to keep all this on the down low. Just until Mikeal and I come up with an agreement."

I watch as Dagger thinks meticulously about everything.

"I understand."

"This isn't only about us."

"It's the safety of everyone."

"And don't get me wrong, I want to tell everyone, but-"

"Little one. I understand, and I'm not mad at you. You are sacrificing things too. The girls in here can't stop staring at me."

"I'm gonna murder them all."