Chapter 84

Blaze POV

Dex walked in as I was changing into my suit. I didn't know whether to go for a casual look with no tie and open collars or go all in.

Where is Jake when you need them? He is the fashion expert.

This could take a while.

I could hear the door open behind me. I didn't need to turn to see who it was.

"I want you to meet someone," Dex said as I adjusted the tie again.

He looked more tired than usual. Looked like he stayed up all night.

Behind him, I caught a familiar scent.

I growled before the man was in the room.

"He teaches IT at the college, his name is-"

I cut him off before he could complete.

"The perverted all geezer who couldn't keep his eyes off my mate," I said humourlessly.

The man nervously shuffled his feet, turning his weight from one foot to the other.

Dex looked confused for a second seeing me glare the newcomer, and then shook his head.

"That's because I asked him to keep an eye on Zara." Dex sighed.

"I figured it would be the best place to start if we really want to confirm if Zara had  inherited the powers or not."

His explanation made sense. Still, I didn't like how he had eyed my mate.

"And what did you find?" I asked sitting down on the bed while Dex sat on the chair beside my bed. The IT guy stayed standing.

"He thinks there is a strong possibility that Zara did inherit the powers. And has good control over it too." Dex said.

I couldn't help the pride that bloomed in my chest. It was a warm feeling.

Of course, she was excellent. She was handpicked for me.

"In the first class test, Zara had severely outperformed all the other students in her class. However, her grades have been consistently low or average since then. We think she is doing it purposefully to keep us from suspecting her." Dex said.

"But why would she need to cover it up? She performs just as well in other classes. She doesn't try to cover those up." I said, recalling her grades which I had seen in the background check that I got on her.

She was very intelligent. She was on par with my 17-year old self when she was 14.

"Well, she did something in this class that she didn't in the other classes," Dex said piquing my interest.

"On the first day, something had gone wrong with the computers in the IT lab. She had no contact with the computers but- "

"But I saw her eyes glow blue." The newcomer said excitedly, effectively cutting off Dex to his annoyance.

"Sorry alpha." He averted his eyes, showing his neck to Dex.

"Blue? Are you sure? I have never seen it. Her eyes are amber when she is human and glow neon green for her wolf. Bi-color eyes are rare even for a pure alpha blood. And you are saying that she has three color variations in her eyes?" I asked suspiciously.

"Well, in our family records, bi-color eyes are quite common among the lineages. We have different color eyes as wolf and human. But tri-colors have been noted in occasionally rare cases." Dex said rubbing his neck.

"Which is?" I asked slowly.

"The recorded cases and files of our seventh lineages. The genes said to have power. Zara herself is the twenty-eighth in line which is a multiple of seven so it is to be expected. The powers get stronger with every multiple. So hers should be a much stronger combination of the previous lineages. Much stronger than mine." Dex said.