Chapter 19

The past few days have been really stressful for Gyth and I. There’s so much that’s been happening and it felt like it’s been forever. But I hope that today, even just for today everything will be alright.

Gyth promised to make it up to me for today. I can’t keep my excitement to myself as he told me that we’re going out later tonight.

“Chevel we’re going out tonight.” Gyth said, as we walked back into his room.

We just had our lunch and I insisted that Dicarius would eat with us. Gyth was unhappy about it and ate on the far end of the table whilst Dicarius and I had a great time chatting.

“To the garden?” I asked in excitement after finishing my plate. Although my last memory of the garden was horrifying, I wanted to make a better memory with Gyth.

The human world has been quiet these days. It just means that there hadn’t been deaths in my city and I’m glad to know about that. But I also know that it won’t be for long. So until then, I wanted to make it up with Gyth.

“No.” Gyth answered, as we walked into the room. My brow raised in confusion as I thought about other possible places in the castle.

“Where to?” I asked when I couldn’t think of one.

“Outside.”Gyth said, unexpectedly following me to the window seat.

I watched him as he peeked outside the window as if observing the sky. I find myself getting curious at what’s running inside his mind sometimes.

“What do you mean outside?” I asked, not satisfied of his extensive answer.

“Come, sit first.” He said sitting down on the window seat. I blushed nervously, hoping that my scent didn’t lingered on the sheets.

“We’re going to the tailor first.” He began explaining as I sat down beside him.

I wondered where the tailor is in his castle and what we’d do at the tailor but I continued the conversation nonetheless.

“Okay..” I responded and his eyes suddenly gleamed, almost as if he’s excited about something.

“And then I’m going to take you somewhere nice.” He continued. A smile formed on my lips almost instantly until something popped in my mind.

My eyes widened when I realized that he’s literally talking about going outside.

“I t-thought it’s unsafe for me outside?” I asked, and he raised his brow. I can already feel the throbbing in my chest just thinking about the dangers that awaits outside.

“Chevel. You’re with me. I won’t let anything happen to you.” He reassured me.

I smiled trusting his words. I know that I could trust him but still, I find the outside really horrifying.

I haven’t really took a step outside of the castle except that night Gyth was extremely mad.

“Okay..” I answered, seeing how Gyth must’ve really thought and prepared this since he’s been in a bright mood since morning.

The remaining time before sunset went by so fast. Gyth has been working on his desk while I’ve been distracting the nervous throbbing in my chest by reading some books.

I can’t really help myself from being nervous but at the same time I’m also curious what it looks like outside the castle, what the underworld looks like.

“Chevel, you can take a bath first.” Gyth offered and I nodded.

“Here.“ Gyth said handing me the black sweater and black sweatpants I wore the other night.

“Later we can get you measured by the tailor but for now you can wear this.” He added and my eyes darted almost instantly towards him.

“W-what? I’m fine with your clothes.” I responded and flushed immediately right after, realizing how weird the words came out.

“You can still wear my clothes Chevel.” He said, making me even more flushed.

“That’s not what I meant!” I protested and he chuckled as if he was teasing me.

“But still I want you to have your own clothes.” Gyth insisted, his eyes staring right through mine.

I nodded absentmindedly, preventing myself from getting drowned in his eyes.

After I finished dressing up, I gave Kuppuru enough food and asked Seb to accompany him while we’re gone, which he happily obliged.

Gyth and I ascended the flight of stairs and walked into the balcony. My mouth dropped open looking over the great view before me.

Gyth held my hand and dragged me in front of the balustrade. My brow raised in confusion before I fully realized what’s happening.

A smirk formed on Gyth’s lips as he removed his coat and wrapped it around my back.

“Are you ready?” He asked and my eyes gleamed in excitement.

I inhaled deeply, bracing myself before I nodded. Gyth stepped on top of the handrail, breathing deeply. I clasped my hands together as he stretched his wings out.

I flinched for a second as his wings flapped. They are dark and broad. I slowly paced towards him, observing every detail of his wings.

It’s my first time seeing one and I can’t help but be mesmerized by how beautiful they really are.

He turned around, locking his eyes with mine as he reached for my hand and lifted me up on the handrail.

“I’m going to carry you, if that’s alright.” Gyth said like I have any other choice. Hell, even if I did I’d still choose to ride his wings.

I nodded and he pulled me closer to him, my eyes never leaving his. He draped my arms over him, my hands on the nape of his neck. I can feel his breathing and his heartbeat with mine.

“Hold on tight.” He said and I immediately wrapped my arms tightly around his neck as he held my back with his arms.

He slid his feet off the handrail making me squeal. My eyes looked down at the height we’re falling.

“Gyth this is not funny!” I screamed and he chuckled.

A smirk grew on his lips as he flapped his wings and we became one with the wind.