2.03

The strange onset of nostalgia driving around in Beau's clapped out 60s muscle car was butterfly inducing. She could remember when he first got his licence and before that when they would sneak out in his fixer-upper trying not to get caught. It certainly looked and sounded in better condition but there was still obvious work left to be done on his poor old Billie Jean.

The mocking and teasing had lasted well over a month when he had finally settled on Billie Jean as the name for his prized ride but now looking back, that memory brought as a smile to her lips.

It didn't take them long to get from the school to the Lockwood Mansion and she silently trailed in after him when they got to the front door.

"Hey mate how did it..." Tyler called out to Beau from the couch. Looking up he trailed off seeing who was behind him. "What is she doing here." He said through clenched teeth as though she couldn't hear him.

"I'm here to talk - I've heard you have some concerns for my wellbeing." She narrowed her eyes at Tyler, somewhere deep inside her the dormant part of her wolf awoke to the presence of a fellow shifter and then she realised that the Lockwood lounging in front of her was a werewolf just like her.  "How long ago did you shift?"

Tyler nearly fell off the couch, gathering himself he brushed the invisible dirt off his trousers before trying to act nonchalant.

"Its a simple question Lockwood."

He ignored her and instead turned toward Beau. "So she knows?"

"Of course - I spent my summer holidays roadtripping with an original vampire who, you'll be glad to know, I won't be telling about the stunt you two pulled with the necklace."

"So you're not his lap dog?" Tyler scoffed, turning to face her for the first time.

"No more than you are." She snapped back, her eyes igniting, the signature golden hew overpowering their natural colour. His anger and eyes responded in kind. 

"You're a werewolf." Beau whispered in recognition, ignoring their little display of metaphorical hackle raising.

"In part."

"In part - what does that mean?" Matt asked.

"I'm not sure. I am a wolf, that much is certain but there are some things I need to figure out."

"How's that even possible?" Beau asked.

"You either are or you arent a wolf, and you obviously are - doesn't seem like there is much to figure out."

"Just because you shift every full moon doesn't make you an expert in wolves Tyler." Sying she took a deep breath and continued.  "From my understanding I guess one of my parents was a werewolf the other something else -  both from pretty active lineages or else the gene would have died out and I'd just be one or the other."

"What do you mean you guess, I thought your mum was a doctor and your dad was on TV. Wouldn't you have known if they were from active supernatural families."

"It's not something I actively qualify but the Verde's - Ryan and Natalia - well they're my parents but not my birth parents we weren't biologically related."

"How did I never know that?" Beau asked, his face looked betrayed and she had to turn away as his eyes poured into hers.

"I don't really broadcast it - to me they were my parents. I've told like five people since they died that we weren't biologically related but really what does that matter. I was up for adoption when I was a few weeks old and they adopted me when I was five."