Chapter 44

Ethan looked about ready to kill me after I called him a mosquito, but I didn't care. He deserved it for purposely giving me a hickey without my permission. He knows I hate them, yet he still did it just to be a dick.

 "That's a relief, I didn't want any competition," Henry said as he let out a massive sigh of relief.

 "Competition for fucking what?" Ethan spat out furiously as he leaned forward on his seat. 

Henry scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. "Well, I kinda have a thing for, Mia...," Henry said as he looked over at me with a soft smile. 

My eyes widened in surprise, and I hadn't a clue on what I should say. I hadn't exactly had a long line of guys lining up to ask me out, so I had no clue how to reject someone. That was Chloe's expertise, not mine. 

"Look, Henry..." I started to say before I was immediately interrupted.

 "How can you claim to like her when you've never even spoken to her before today, huh?" Ethan scoffed. "Do you have a thing for her or a thing for her body" he snapped accusingly as he rose to his feet.

 Henry's eyebrows rose in shock, and he opened his mouth as though he was going to say something, but no words came out. 

Then out of nowhere, his face hardened, and he looked up at Ethan in annoyance. "No offense man, but why the fuck are you even here. She doesn't even like you," Henry snapped rudely.

Ethan let out a harsh chuckle, which sent a shiver down my spine. He stalked over to Henry in two long strides before he grabbed him roughly by the collar and ripped him off the sofa and onto his feet.

 "Look dickhead, I'm going to say this nice and slow so that you can understand," Ethan hissed in between gritted teeth. "Leave Mia, the fuck alone," he spat. 

My heart skipped a beat, and I wasn't sure if it was from surprise or because seeing Ethan all riled up was kind of hot. 

"What's your problem, you're not even together," Henry said in a confused shaky voice.

 Ethan scoffed. "Are you actually that thick? She went to the kitchen with a bare neck and came back with a hickey, you do the math," Ethan spat rudely.

Henry swallowed harshly and looked up at Ethan with frightened eyes. "L-look E-Ethan, I had no idea. I would never intentionally go after your girl," he stuttered out nervously. 

Ethan stared at him with a stone-cold expression. "Just get the fuck out," he snapped bluntly. 

"Ethan, there's no need to be nasty," I yelled.

 "N-no, no, it's fine, it's fine. I get it," Henry stuttered as he scrambled to his feet and practically ran to the door.

 I watched him leave with my mouth parted open in shock.

As I heard the door swing closed behind him, I swerved around to face Ethan. "What on earth was that? If you're mad at me, then get mad at me. Don't take it out on random people," I shouted.

 He let out a bitter laugh. "Yeah, typical Ethan, taking out his anger on random people just like his father," he bitterly spat.

 I looked down to the floor in guilt, remembering that was one of the many cruel things I had said to him.

 I swallowed and lifted my chin. "Ethan I..."

"What else was it you said to me?" he laughed. "Oh yeah, I remember now. You told me I was a broken, violent, nasty piece of shit," he yelled.