~5~

•TESLA•

"The pink one, for sure." Betti's voice came through my phone.

We were currently on FaceTime and she was helping me decide what exactly I wanted to wear today. We did this every morning.

"Good choice." I laughed as I threw the black top back on the rack in my closet, and pulled the pink one off of its hanger. "Alright, I'll see you at school."

"See ya." Betti exchanged goodbyes with me as she put on mascara before hanging up. 

After tossing my phone onto my bed, I peeled off my silky pink robe and let it fall to the floor, leaving me in my bra and underwear.  As soon as my eyes made contact with the mirror in front of me, I looked away.  I didn't like looking at myself, it made me feel disgusted. 

I am currently 3 jean sizes overweight, and maybe that was nothing to most, but for my mother that was a lot, which meant it was also a lot for me.  She didn't know I was currently overweight, and I didn't intend to tell her. 

Letting out an exaggerated sigh, I slipped on the pink top and finally looked at myself.  I could not wear this shirt.  I looked like an elephant. 

Without any second thought, I grabbed the black top again and put it on instead.  This one was much looser and did not show the contours of my stomach.  Now I could finish getting ready.

Nothing interesting really happened at school that day until lunch, when Betti seated herself beside me.

"You totally should, that dress was worth at least a hundred." Betti was currently trying to convince me that I needed to confront Benji about ruining my dress yesterday, and to be honest I wasn't totally against it.

"She's right, Tessie," Fabian chimed in. "At least go yell at him."

"You know what," I started as I stood up from my seat. "I will."

And with that, I scanned the lunch room for Benji and found him sitting with a couple other weirdos, then marched over to him. He was not going to get away with ruining my dress without at least apologizing.

I slapped my hand down on the table beside him, causing him to look up and glare at me. I thought he'd say something, but instead he just went back to eating. What the hell?

"Hello?" I tried to gain his attention. "Are you going to ignore me or face me like a man?"

Still, nothing.

"Look, you ruined my favorite dress yesterday I expect you to make up for it." I ordered, trying not to lose my cool.

"Make up for it?" He scoffed, as if I said something funny. "What do you want me to do, say sorry?"

He and his friend began to laugh patronizingly.

"Yes, actually." I stated the obvious. What was so funny about wanting an apology?

"Well I'm not sorry, so I'm not gonna tell you I am." He grumbled before opening a bag of chips and crunching them in a disgusting manner.

I furrowed my brows out of frustration. Why the hell was he such a jerk? I didn't understand why he couldn't just simply apologize and the matter could be over with.

"Yes you will." I disagreed with him.

I'm not sure how forcing him to tell me sorry was going to make me feel any better, but I would not be patronized and he will tell me he's sorry whether he wants to or not.

Finally, he stopped what he was doing and stood up to my level... or should I say above my level. He was pretty tall, especially compared to me. However, I wouldn't let this intimidate me. He is no one.

"Or what?" He began to mock me as he inched closer to me. "Your boyfriends daddy will buy my house too? Or will it be your daddy this time?"

Without putting much thought into, I grabbed the chocolate milk from his tray and just as I was about to pour it on him, he grabbed my wrist and stopped me.

"Don't even fucking think about it, little Miss Popular.  Now go cry to daddy that you didn't get your way for once." He ordered before grabbing his tray and walking away, leaving me standing there dumbfounded with a chocolate milk in my hands and people staring.

I slowly lowered my hand and put the chocolate milk on the table where Benji previously sat. Suddenly feeling very self conscious of people staring, my hands started to shake.

3...2...1... I counted down in my head, imagining Martha's voice trying to soothe me.

"Tess, what are you doing?" I was quickly snapped out of my thoughts by Ryan pulling me back towards our table. "Come sit back down."

After seating myself back down at the table, I looked up at my friends who were all laughing.

"Well, that didn't seem to go your way." Betti remarked as she ate a bag of potato chips.

Nope, nope it did not. I hate Benji and that's that. All he had to do was say sorry, but he couldn't even do that. Oh well though, my father could buy that kids house if he wanted. What exactly can he buy?

~~

AUTHORS NOTE

thank you all so much for reading, it's much appreciated! Don't forget to vote/comment if you enjoyed it!

I feel like the story is finally getting started right about here. What do you think so far?

Do you totally hate Tesla?😂