Chapter 16

"Garte please, it was an accident and besides, there's something else," Derek says, wanting to get to the more serious topic. "It's Elizabeth. She's here, that means they're all here," Derek explains, Garte's eyes widen as he stumbles back a bit. "The worst part is is the fact that they have the Ein, the boy who tried to kill our kids and is able to make the forever potion," Derek adds.

"How do you know? Are you certain it's her?" Garte questions, seeming panicked, and to be in disbelief. "Aaron described her and Ein, which was the reason for his freak-out today," Derek explains, "They escaped the realm? But how? And why here in starlight? Why now?" Garte questions, needing the answers but new that Derek couldn't answer them.

"I thought we confirmed that the boy from the lodge was dead," Garte states, "We never recover a body, we just confirmed blood trails and assume he was gone," Derek explains. "Then, what do you think they're planning?" Garte asks, "We can't think about it," Derek says, making Garte confused. "But are families are here!" Garte states, raising his voice.

"If we think about it, we'll act on your suspicious and that will provoke them. We've talked about this, I don't need my family in anymore danger then we're in already," Derek explains, reminding Garte about something. "I see, but I forgot to inform you that the rumor of the Ultima are resurfacing," Garte says, "I know, I've already made everyone in my family aware besides Aaron," Derek explains.

"Why not tell him?" Garte asks, "He's the successor of the curse, and after everything he's been through, this will impact him the most," Derek explains, to which Garte can agree with him. "I need to protect him," Derek adds, which made Garte question him, "Are you sure? I mean, Derek, think of what he's done to my son," Garte says, making Derek feel anger.

"Garte, why can't you rejoice about Zane being alive and well, I don't know how he managed to stay alive, but you should be rejoicing over that fact," Derek explains. "That isn't the point. Yes, I'm happy that Zane was able to live, but thinking about the pain he went through, no one else would be able to survive that," Garte explains. "Those words you said to Zane, that you were protecting everyone from Garroth, it's because of the forever potion isn't it?" Derek questions, but already knew the answer.

"Don't you bring that up," Garte growls, turning away in shame, "I'm right aren't I?" Derek asks, but again already knew the answer. "I don't want to remember that," Garte says, "It's a part of our past Garte," Derek states as Garte clenches his fist. "You were scared that the effects of the potion will cause Garroth to seriously hurt someone, that's why we always tried to find a way to remove the effects of the potion," Derek adds. "He managed to take out Zane's eyes at the age of 5, throwing a snowball, even if it had a rock in it, he shouldn't have had to strength to take out an eye ball," Garte states.

"I know, but Garte, the hell we out those children through, our children, will forever haunt us," Derek says, "I wanted to believe we were doing something good," Garte says. "Nothing good ever came from it," Derek says. "So, what are we going to do?" Garte asks, "We're going to wait until they make any movies before making any actions ourselves," Derek explains but Garte wasn't sure about the plan.

Before Garte could say anything, there was a knock on the door and Melissa came in, "Hey Dad, we're going to be having a barbecue in the open roof," Melissa informs. "A barbecue?" Derek questions, "Yeah, Zane says that it was Garroth idea and he went with Aaron to buy the food," Melissa explains. "Alright then, I'll go help set up in a bit," Derek says and Melissa nods, glancing at Garte before leaving, closing the door behind her.

"Again, we don't say anything to anyone and we wait until they make the first move," Derek says, wanting to make sure Garte was on board. Garte was hesitant, but agrees, "Alright then," Garte says and Derek nods, open the door to leave his bedroom with Garte behind.