2

^^Ace in MM

(Omniscient)

Davanee put her Vans on and grabbed her backpack before she headed into the kitchen to find her mom standing over the stove.

"Good morning, mom," she smiled.

"Good morning. You're gonna eat before you go?" Her mom asked her.

"Nah, I'll get something on my way," she responded.

"Something like what?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. McDonald's maybe."

"Fine. Go before you're late again..."

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too."

With that said, Davanee exited the apartment and started walking her way to school. She put in her earphones and walked til she got to the McDonald's close to her school. She ordered her food and crossed the street to finish her voyage.

Being early today, she makes her way to the cafeteria inside where she found all of her friends plus Ace sitting at their usual table.

She sighed and rolled her eyes before she pulled up.

"Aye, wassup Nee?" Jay was the first to greet her.

"Hey," she said back before she sat down.

"Oh, you early again..." Rio said.

"Shut up," Amani said.

"What? I'm just-"

"Wassup Davanee," Ace said causing silence to fall upon the table.

"Hey, Ace," Nee gently smiled at him.

"Hol on. What's goin on wit y'all? Did I miss sumn within the past two days?" Nina asked in confusion.

"Missed what?" Davanee shrugged.

"You know what? We juss gon ignore the fact that y'all two are like best friends now," Amani said.

"How are we 'like best friends'?" She asked.

Getting up, Ace makes his way around the table to go sit next to Davanee causing another round of silence to fall upon the table.

"Nee, how you gon steal my boy from me like dah?" Darnell asked with a scrunched up face.

"She ain't steal nothin from you," Ace said.

Getting ready to tune everyone out, Davanee took her earphones out again and found a song on her phone.

Ace slightly nudged her in the side with his elbow as he downed his Mighty Mango Naked.

"What?" She looked over at him.

"You did the homework?" He asked her.

"Yeah, from which class?"

"Ms. Schnitzel's class..."

"Yeah I did that one. Why?"

"You tryna help me?" He looked over at her.

"Sure. We have like fifteen minutes..."

It was 2 days after the two had met and Ace was feelin her. He'd use every chance he got to talk to her whether in class, at lunch or in the morning at breakfast. They exchanged numbers yesterday only because Ace wouldn't stop asking.

Lunch Time

"My mom's having a party for my sister. You tryna come over?" Ace asked Davanee.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you inviting me?"

"Cause...I think you cool. But you can say no if you not feelin the need to go..."

"...I'll think about it," she answers.

"Aight. Text me your answer by midnight..."

"...sure," she slightly smiled.

"Y'all cute," Amani said as she pulled up to the table with Rio.

"So are y'all," Nee smiles at them.

"Oop- y'all ain't deny," Amani covered her mouth in shock and looked at Rio.

Ace scoffed while he shook his head and got up to go join the lunch line.

[End of 2]