Chapter 51

Calm Days

(Y/n) stretches out her body in front of the window. Levi comes up from behind her and places a soft kiss on her back. She smiles at him through the mirror. He gives her a small smile, "Are you sure it was fine for me to do that?"

"Yeah, it's fine," she reassures him, "I won't get pregnant because I'm a supernatural creature. We can't get pregnant unless it's done artificially. It's just a way to control the supernatural population, especially demons. If rogue demons can reproduce whenever they want, then we would have a crisis."

"I see," he nods, "I need to know more about what you can do and not do."

"I guess you do, although, most of what I've been taught is false," she replies while tucking in her tank top, "Ava had explained to me in the beginning that demons were the result of nature spirits and my dad fucking."

"But then when I met him, he explained that it was false," she continues explaining, "He explained that nature spirits can have their child baptized by the Devil King to become demons. I once came across this water nature spirit who wanted me to meet her baby...oh shit!"

"What?" Levi asks in confusion. He watches her hurriedly putting on her combat boots.

"I think I know who the Devil King is!" she cries. She gives him a quick peck on the lips, "I have to go."

"Okay?" he says it more like a question as he watches her sprint out of the room.

She runs through the halls, trying to find the person. Her eyes narrow when she sees her friends standing in the hallway, "Where is (c/n)?!"

"We don't know," Jean frowns at her. That was the first thing she had told them instead of explaining her relationship with their superior. He glares down at her figure.

Armin looks over at her, "Last time I saw her, she was in the stables."

"Thanks!" she gives him a quick side hug, "I will explain everything later. I am onto something big!"

They watch her speed down the hallway. They glance at each other. They had all gotten used to her lack of focus on her surroundings. She was the type of person to focus on one thing and forget about everything else. And they knew she didn't do it purposely. She did it without even noticing.

A black and white cat has her tail curled up as she sleeps. The feline was resting on the roof of the barn where the warm sun could reach her fur. She purrs in content at the peaceful environment. However, her ear flinches when she hears a certain voice.

"(C/n)! No, Alice, that's your real name," (Y/n) huffs while climbing up onto the roof to wake up the cat. (C/n) looks up at her with an annoyed glint in her sharp, green eyes, "That's the name you go by in the demon realm, right?"

"Yes, my official name is Alice, but I don't mind being called (c/n). A name is just a name," she answers. She stretches out her body to sit facing the (h/c) haired girl she had grown to care for deeply, "Why are you asking me this?"

"That nature spirit...back at the lake, do you remember?" (Y/n) asks her.

(C/n) tilts her head in thought, "Yes, I remember smelling a water spirit, but that was months ago. What do you want with a water spirit? Why is she important?"