Learning Tolerance

Eislyn P.O.V.

Dagger's eyes widen, and he kisses the top of my head.

"No, you won't. Now, you should get some clothes on and get to that meeting with Mikeal."

"I need to eat as well."

"Get dressed then we can head down to the kitchen."

"Sounds good."

I only brought one change of clothes, and Dagger is now staying the whole week for a 'romantic getaway' of sorts. I groan in frustration now having no idea where I'm going to find clothes. Dagger ignores me and continues to change into his own clothes, which look the exact same as yesterdays.

"How many people ask you if you wash your clothes?"

"A lot, and you aren't allowed to start."

"No, I'm not judging, but I think you could be more expressive with your clothes."

"The only thing I need to express if my love for you, and my clothes aren't going to do that."

"That was cute, but I still think I'm right."

"Let's agree to disagree then."

He gives me a tight smile, and I know he's getting hangry. Though I would never say that out loud because he would probably get super mad. I haven't seen him mad before. We've had small arguments, but he's never yelled at me or anything. And I was the one to slam his head on a desk, so maybe I'm the scary one in the relationship.

I can live with that. 

Hand in hand, Dagger and I make our way downstairs where I'm surprised to see Vicious, Ajax, Dash, Violet, Kinger and Bernadette all hanging out as a group. Vicious and Kinger are the first and the only to get defensive about Dagger being here.

"This jerk on our turf! Fuck no!"

"Vicious please."

"Kinger! Look at your fucking face! Who did that?"

"He did, but it was a different time. Things are changing, I can feel it."

I hope so. If I can talk to Mikeal and develop something, things can change. 

"No. That's not good enough. It doesn't matter if the times have changed, he hasn't. He's still the same man that slashed your face, burned motorcycles, hurt our people. You can't just forgive that. And I don't want you here, Dagger."

I watch as Dagger's face drops, and I close my eyes to take a calming deep breath. 

"Vicious?"

"Yes, Eislyn."

"I'm very sorry that you feel this way, but don't act like a victim. Because we both know, we all know, that each rider here has done some bad shit to the other club. Every single one, whether or not it's even the smallest bit justified. You don't have to apologize because it won't be genuine, but you will tolerate one another. Whether or not you like it. This is where the violence ends or you can go. Any of you."

I can see that I've given everyone something to think about. So I take that as my que to go. Breaking away from Dagger, I make my way through the kitchen to get some food. I reach into the fridge and pull out an apple. I wave goodbye to the people who are all trying to become friends, kissing Dagger goodbye. 

I find my way around the mansion, giving myself a tour, and realizing that it's so regal. It's so red and brown and dark. If I ever had a mansion, I would want it to be light and airy. I would want it to be bright. With maybe a sunroom.