Chapter Seventeen

He was seated at the dinning, waiting for breakfast when his wife came downstairs. His jaw dropped open as he watched her.
She was dressed in a yellow chiffon gown that stopped just on her mid thigh. The gown was so transparent that he could see the white crop top and white bum short she wore inside.
She completed her outfit with a white Nike snicker and a white channel handbag.
One thing he loved about his wife was her fashion sense. She stood out wherever she went. Little wonder her business was successful because people kept endorsing her.

"Good morning." She greeted.

"Morning baby. How was your night?"

"I bless God. I'm leaving for the plaza." She pouted her lips.

"Won't you have breakfast with me?" He knew the answer but he just wanted to ask.

"I'll eat out. Thanks. What will your day be like?"

Anger and jealousy filled his heart. Kelvin was trying to take his wife from him.

"I'll go to the office. I've got to make arrangements for a new secretary and a PA." Michael responded bitterly.

"You never wanted a PA before now."

"Change. It won't hurt if I try it out now."

Her phone beeped and she checked it
"I'll leave now. Be home early for dinner."

To his surprise, she pecked his forehead and cat walked out of the house.
Was he dreaming? Claire pecked him?
He stood up and rushed to the window in time to see her step into her car.
This was a good start. She has forgiven him. A smile appeared on his face as he sat back at the dinning.
Ebere came out with his breakfast, served him and was about leaving when his phone beeped.
He read the message and paused.
"Ebere right?" He asked.

"Yes sir. Do you need anything else?"
He ran his eyes over her and shook his head. She was more beautiful than Gertrude but with lesser modalities.
"Run me a bath." He said and started eating his favourite dish of spaghetti.

******
They sat at a table beside the window at crunches. He had not only taken her shopping but had given her a lot of profit for the day because all they bought were from her plaza. Handbags, boots, heels, wedges, snickers, clothes and wigs. The sales girl had given them a discount like she didn't know them. Everything was stacked in her car. They had taken pictures and videos which were trending on Snapchat and Instagram. She had never had so much fun in her life. Now, they were seated for lunch.
A waitress came with their meal; two plates of fried rice, a full chicken, bottles of water and a bottle of wine.
She dropped them on the table and walked away, promising to bring dessert in forty five minutes.

"Wow. Full peppered chicken. I'm so loving this."
She took pictures while Kelvin laughed.

"I'll say it over and over again, you're a baby."

"And this time, I have to agree with you."
They laughed and started eating. This was of course, the best day of the young woman's life.

******
Pairs of eyes met him as he stepped into the complex.
He wasn't shaken because he expected the reaction he was getting.
He responded to greetings as formal as possible before heading to his personal lift.
He had done what he thought would remedy the situation. He had called the board to a meeting himself and had even gone ahead to invite Sarah.
He got to his office and sat down. Nancy, the MD's secretary had cleaned his office for him and he was grateful.
She came in moments later, bearing some files.

"Excuse me sir. The MD asked that you look at this files." She dropped them on the table.

He nodded with a slight smile.
"The board will be ready in an hour for the meeting."