Chapter thirty-nine

———————-
Warning sexual content ahead⚠️
I will give another warning again in the chapter!
——————————
Hey guys I fixed this chapter a little bit. I just changed somethings around towards the end.
——————————————
Don't forget to comment and vote!
———————————————

After what happened earlier the night still continues. Shannon isn't really making an effort to be around me, and Story is running around with Daniel's twin niece and nephew. Even though she doesn't look bothered I know she is. Me, Joshua, and Daniel have been dealing with Agatha and her great grandchild. The girl told me her name, but I forgot it. My mind really has just been on Shannon.

The girl hasn't done anything extreme yet, all she's been doing is just been making light conversation with me and the guys. If anything, I really think she has a thing for Joshua. Agatha on the other hand has been very flirtatious and touchy with me, but like I promised Daniel, I will just sit here and grin and bare it. To be honest I don't know how I feel about Daniel right now. I feel like he set me and Shannon back from what little progress we made.

Every now and then I'll send Shannon a text to try and start a conversation. Sometimes she'll leave me on read or reply with one worded answers. All I feel right now is frustration, and it's annoying.

I need a release.

Like always whenever I'm stressed I feel like working out. I am glad that Madison and Sarah has been keeping her company throughout this time. Because I know she doesn't know anyone here.

Having enough of this I get up from my seat and make my way out to go find Shannon.

"Lucas?" Daniel calls. "Where are you going?" he asks.

"To the bathroom." I answer, walking out of the small area.

Walking into the living room I look around to not find Shannon anywhere, within the crowd of people. However, I do see Story sitting at a table playing a board game with the other kids.

"Story, sweetheart." I call, approaching her.

"Yes, Lulu?" she asks, looking at me as I crouch down.

"Where's mummy?" I ask.

"I think she's in the kitchen with aunt Maddy and Sarah." she answers, going back to playing the game.

"Alright, thank you princess." I say, kissing her head. "You've been doing alright?" I ask.

"Yeah— I win!" she shouts, happily.

Well she's obviously alright.

Walking away I go to head for the kitchen. Upon entering the kitchen I see the chef chopping away, while Shannon and the girls sit at the small dining table in here.

"I could never!" Shannon laughs, eating a grape. "I would have jumped on the nearest person I saw."

"Ouuu, Shannon! Try this dip!" Madison says, with her mouth full. "It's fucking amazing."

Shannon picks up a cracker and dips it in, to eat it. Causing her to instantly moan.

"Oh yes it is! Give me!" she says, trying to take it from her.

"You guys do know this has to go out to the people right?" Sarah says, with amusement evident.

"I don't care!" Madison says. "God, Daniel has a magnificent cook! I might marry him."

"So you guys are the ones eating up all our hors d'oeuvres." I interrupt, letting myself be known.

They just look at me with their faces stuffed with food, Shannon then swallows.