Chapter forty

—————-
Picture of Daniel
———————
Don't forget to vote and comment!
———————————

Right now it's morning and I'm sitting outside on Daniel's balcony, that is located in his dinning room. I've been out here since eight drinking coffee, and enjoying the morning sun.

"Good morning sunshine!" Joshua greets, from behind me.

Awe, shit. There goes my peaceful morning.

"Oh, I see today is going to be pretty warm out." Daniel says, as I hear him close the glass door behind him.

"Good morning." is all I say.

"I'm surprised you're not working out this morning." Daniel says, taking a seat to the left of me.

"I forgot where your gym was located in this big ass house of yours." I answer, closing my eyes still.

"Well it isn't located in the house. It's outside past the pool." he answers.

"I thought that was the guest house?" I ask, scrunching my face up a little.

"It was, and then I turned it into the state of the art gym." he says.

Then I hear the door open behind us. "Would you like more coffee Mr. Smith?" I hear his butler ask.

"Yes, please." I answer.

"Would you gentlemen like some as well?" he asks, as he pours my cup.

"Yes, please." I hear them both answer.

Opening my eyes I look over at the small table next to me, to start fixing my coffee.

"This is the life." Joshua says, sighing satisfied.

"Yeahhhhhh... it sure is." Daniel says, sipping his coffee.

"Daniel if things go left with my career just know I'm marrying you and I'm not sighing a prenup." Joshua says, drinking his coffee.

Me and Daniel just laugh at his antics.

"Speaking of marriage, when are you going to settle down Daniel?" I ask, looking over at him. "I mean you are already financially stable and your company is booming."

He scratches the side of his face. "To be honest, I don't know." he answers.

"Is there anyone that catches your eye at the moment?" Joshua asks.

"Umm... no, not at the moment." he answers.

"Are you still hooking up with that chick that works in the legal department of your company?" I ask, taking a sip of my coffee.

He shrugs. "Sometimes, but I've been very busy lately. Plus I'm starting to get bored of her."

I just nod.

"So you haven't really gotten over Samantha then." Joshua says, and I immediately tense at the name.

"No, I'm most definitely over her. I just haven't found anyone that has caught my eye yet." he says.

"Look man—"

"Don't worry, there is no hard feelings mate." Daniel says, steady looking out at the view.

But still.

"Remember, I got you back with that whole Agatha thing back then." he adds. "Actually now looking back on that. I am sorry for that night, that was totally out of character and on many levels wrong. What I did to you was based off pure emotion." he says, apologizing.