Ch42 - The Light Of An Angel In Human Form

Hello guys, how're you doing! I had some free time and decided to write this. Please enjoy!
*****************************
A few moments before...

Miyuu, Sylvia and the other water mages were preparing themselves for the upcoming battle. The water mages were calm as they were used to this kind of situation but Miyuu was noticably nervous. This was her first time in such a situation. Sylvia on the other hand, could be seen as calm but she was also quite nervous despite already been in this kind of situation a few times.

One of the water mages tried to talk to Miyuu since she was worried about her.

"Miyuu-sama, our role is just to heal and cure. No need to worry too much."

"O-oh, okay..."

While it might not be much of a comfort, Miyuu did calm down a little. Sylvia noticed her dismay and talked to her.

"Miyuu, are you nervous?"

"...Is it strange for me to feel nervous?"

"No, but you should be prepared. The injured will come quite fast and you might not have enough time to even rest later. And..."

"...?"

When Sylvia suddenly stopped her words, Miyuu waited for her. She was not someone who would push another to say something they couldn't say.

On Sylvia's face, there was guilt and shame. She seemed to be regretting something. Then, she spoke of her worries.

"I'm sorry... about before...."

She didn't look at Miyuu when she said that but Miyuu could feel that she was sincere about the apology. However, Miyuu wondered what for did she apologized. Therefore, she asked about it.

"About before?"

"Y-you know, about insulting your brother...and you....sorry about that... I can be pushy and irritating sometimes and I know that! But, I'm sorry for that! And–"

"Okay, I forgive you."

Miyuu stopped her with a gentle smile. She understood what Sylvia wanted to say and she felt pitiful when she saw her trying her best to apologise.

Sylvia was not used to say sorry and apologize since she was a royalty. From the moment she was a child, she never had to apologise since she did not do anything very wrong or something required her to apologise. She was taught about it but never had to practice it. Therefore, when the time came, she was quite awkward in saying it.

As a result, she didn't manage to say it perfectly. However, the sincerity of it was properly received by Miyuu.

Truthfully, Miyuu did feel a bit–no, very angry when she insulted Hiiragi. However, thinking back of how she didn't do anything to prevent that made her feel that it wasn't entirely Sylvia's fault. Hiiragi was the one who chose to act like that.

Furthermore, it wasn't her intention to insult him. It was the order of Catherina, her sister who insisted on revealing Hiiragi's power.

Therefore, if she had to get angry at someone, it would be Catherina but she somehow couldn't hate her. It was not her nature to hate someone.

Sylvia's face turned for the better when she heard Miyuu's word of forgiveness. It was like a heavy burden was lifted away from her shoulder.

"Thank you."

Sylvia quietly muttered but Miyuu heard and and replied back.

"You're welcome."

Then, the sound of roars and battles was played as the background voice inside the camp. Everyone there tensed their body and prepared themselves completely for the soon to be full camp.