Chapter 33

My gaze remained fixed on my older classmate who was now only a few meters away from me

I kept running towards him while he tried to cover me by shooting at the person who was right behind me.

Only when the magazine of his gun was suddenly empty and I was finally within reach, he immediately shoved the weapon in his pockets and looked up to the roofs of the buildings.

"Johnny!" the boy yelled, his deep and loud voice echoing through the dark alley.

"You better watch our backs or I will wreck your album collection!"

I couldn't help but grin at that sentence, despite the four chasers right behind me.
As soon as I was only a few inches away from Donghyuck, he set himself in motion too and started running in the same direction as I did.

Shots rang out over and over again, but these were mainly aimed at the four SVT members, who ran after us while growling outraged.

Donghyuck looked back for a moment and realized that our pursuers were closer than we expected.

Before I could stop him, his warm and soft hand found its way to mine, grabbing it tightly as he accelerated his pace.
I, on the other hand, tried to keep up with him, breathing heavily while the adrenaline filled every nerve in my body with energy.

Neither of us dared to say anything.
Instead, our legs carried us farther and farther as we wandered aimlessly through the alleys, hoping to outrun the four of them.

My heart jumped when after several turns, we ran straight into a dead-end that only showed a few garbage cans and garbage bags lying on the ground.
Before I could even panic or think about a way to get out of there, the older boy had already thought of a plan.

"Jump on one of the containers and climb onto the roof of the building," Donghyuck breathed heavily, not averting his gaze from the path in front of him.

Confused, my head shot in his direction and I looked into the boy's exhausted face. Without noticing, I slightly squeezed his warm hand as my eyes tried to focus on his features that were practically swallowed by the surrounding darkness.

"And what about you?"

I don't know why I even asked him that question.
He was an NCT member, I shouldn't care about what would happened to him.

But for some reason, at that very moment, all hatred and rage was only focused on the four guys behind me and my body allowed me to accept the help from Lee Donghyuck.

"Watch what you say," the boy replied to my question, a smug but genuine grin forming on his lips as he finally shifted his gaze towards me.

"It almost sounded like you were concerned, my dear."

I laughed ironically, although I couldn't prevent my heart from skipping a beat as he looked at me, his flirtatious expression barily visible.
I hastily shook off this feeling and tried to concentrate again.

"Maybe in your dreams."

I quickly turned my gaze back to the dead end in front of us and headed straight for the many dumpsters next to the walls, not noticing how Donghyucks hand finally let go of mine.

Without hesitation I followed his instructions and jumped onto one of them before reaching up and grabbing the edge of the roof right in front of me.

With all my strength I tried to pull myself up while unconsciously holding my breath. A strained groan left my lips when I finally pushed myself up and pull myself onto the building.

At the very moment I finally landed with my feet on the solid ground, my gaze wandered back to the boy who was still standing in the alley.
Although the moon was the only source of light, I could see the gang member standing in front of one of the containers, while the four attackers came closer and closer.

Only now I saw three shilouettes standing on another roof one building further, trying to shoot at SVT in spite of the great distance.
Due to the darkness I could not see who exactly they were, but I knew that one of them had to be Johnny.

Automatically I looked back at Donghyuck, who in the meantime had grabbed several garbage bags and put himself in a stable position.
Before the pursuers came too close, he reached far out with the huge and heavy bags and hurled them with all his force in their direction.

Due to their limited vision, they hadn't realized what the boy in front of them was up to, having no time to actually analize their situation.
Before they knew, it was already too late for them to evade and instead got hit by the heavy trash bags, bumping into each other like dominoes and falling to the ground a little later.

Meanwhile, Donghyuck had already jumped onto the dumpster and tried to lift himself up onto the building.
Without thinking, my fingers wandered to his belt, helping the older by pulling him in my direction.

Not a second later he grabbed my hand again and unconsciously intertwined our fingers before pulling me behind him.
My heart was racing so fast that I wouldn't be surprised if it could jump out of my chest at any moment.

So there we ran over the rooftop, our fast-paced steps falling in sync, while only the moonlight illuminated our pitch-black figures.

"I don't think we can outrun them," the boy next to me finally said as we sprinted down a fire escape together.

"Then we'll hide somewhere", it fleetingly left my lips, almost swallowed by my restless and loud breathing.

"Easier said than done."

We both finally landed back on the ground, our heads spinning disoriented in all directions.

"Where shall we go?" I asked aimlessly, talking to myself rather than to the brunette boy.

"Come with me", he took control again and ran into another dead end that was also full of trash bags and dumpsters.

Before I could goan at him for his stupidity, he lifted the lid of one of the containers and looked at the inside of the metal box.

"This could get a little gross now."

Ayee new chapter😊I actually really like this and the next one haha🤭 hope u do too💚

Ayee new chapter😊
I actually really like this and the next one haha🤭 hope u do too💚