Chapter 31

-------------------> ORION BLACK LOVED HISTORY

It was his passion, fascination and as Walburga would occasionally joke, his first love.

In fact, he loved it so much that he held a Mastery in the subject (one of the only sixteen to do so in the past fifty years) and had not only been a part of the world's best History Guild, but had also served in it as the Guild Master for three years before voluntarily giving it up for two specific reasons.

The first being, his father had passed down half of the duties that the Head and Lord of the House was required to fulfil, never mind the fact that Orion was still only Heir Apparent. In fact, by the time Regulus had been born, Orion was taking care of all the responsibilities except the ones related to the WIzengamot, the Hogwarts Board of Governors and a few of the business aspects. This was his father's way of trying to ease him into the responsibilities of Lordship that he would have to take over so that Orion wouldn't feel suddenly burdened at that time.

The second reason he gave up the position of Guild Master was because of the three blessings he had received from Lady Magic called children.

He never regretted giving up his position, but every time Lyra got confused over the name, place or date of a minor yet important event, or Sirius seemed to forcefully stop himself from groaning whenever he opened his History of Magic textbook, Orion felt his heartbreak.

Just a little bit.

Luckily, Regulus was incredibly interested in history and that more than made up the indifference from Lyra and the sulking from Sirius over the subject.

Still, Orion was never one to give up and continued to cling on to the hope that his oldest son and daughter would grow to share a bit of his fascination in the subject.

Orion Black loved history so much so, that it had been Lucius' immense love and admiration for the beautifully intricate subject that had finally won over Orion enough for him to give his approval over Lucius Malfoy and his darling daughter's relationship.

Throughout their childhood and even now, Lyra, Sirius and Regulus had fallen asleep listening to historical stories and to take it another step forward, no matter how busy he was, Orion always made sure that he took Walburga and the children to a place in the world with extreme historical importance with the hopes of imparting his love of history on them.

Unfortunately for him, despite his best efforts, Regulus was still the only one who genuinely found the subject interesting. Lyra studied history like it was a chore while Sirius barely tolerated it.

The children did, however, look forward to these trips eagerly every single year. But, Sirius was in it for the views and souvenirs while Lyra was in it for the culture and magic part of it, and once again, Regulus was the only one of them who went to the trip with the excitement of learning it's historical importance.