Epilogue - 5 pm

It's 4:50 pm.

Dennis, my coworker, hands me a cup of steaming hot chocolate along with my favorite red velvet cupcake.

"Go ahead, I can handle it over here,"

I smile gratefully and accept.

I find a small table next to a window and take a seat.

Outside this small bakery, leaves are beginning to turn orange and brown as they make way for fall, oblivious to everything going around them.

I take a sip of my drink as I check the time.

4:55

What if she decides that it isn't worth coming here, meeting some random stranger that accidentally texted her, thinking that it was her stepsister?

What if all those texts meant much more to me than they did to her?

All these 'what if' thoughts swirl around in my brain, making me doubt whether I should've texted her to meet me here in the first place or not.

Before I can jump to any further conclusions, the delicate sound of a bell reaches my ears and my eyes snap up.

It's her.

She came.

I stand up and carefully take her in. She takes out a brown leaf tangled up in her hair and then looks up.

Straight at me.

She takes small strides in my direction as a shy smile graces her lips.

"Stella," I breathe out.

"You came,"

"Of course dummy," she smiles but it soon turns into a frown.

"I'm really sorry, I was being dumb and selfish. I felt like I was the second choice, yet once again. I didn't even think about how you must've felt, I mean I was being fucking ridiculous-" she begins but I cut her off as I wrap my arms around her.

Lavender.

"Yes, you were being ridiculous but now you're here, in my arms and I couldn't be happier," I grin as I pull away.

She laughs and then wraps her arms around my neck as we hug again.

"I'm just glad that I met you,"

"Me too," I smile.

I take my previous seat and she sits right across me.

"Now since I know that you're bad at following advices, and probably haven't tried the infamous red velvet cupcake, here you go," I grin and slide my cupcake to her.

I'll just get another one.

She chuckles as she tucks a piece of stray hair behind her ear.

"Oh my," she widens her eyes as she takes a bite.

"See? Told you so,"

She wipes her hands with a tissue and clasps them together on top of the table.

"I'm truly sorry for blowing you off like that,"

I place one of my hands on top of hers.

"It's okay, besides, you're here now, aren't you?" I grin.

"Yeah," she chuckles and looks down.

"So, about that date?" I ask as I peer into her gorgeous caramel eyes.

She raises her eyebrow as a sly smirk graces her lips. There's the Stella I know.

"Is that a yes?" I smile.

"Maybe," she smiles and avoids my eyes.

"Maybe someday," I chuckle.

--

Author's Note

Aaaaahh it's over! Never did I think I'd finish writing two books, much less posting them on here XD

Thank you to everyone who's been here from the start, if it weren't for your kind words, I wouldn't have continued writing on here❤❤

And even to my silent readers, thank youuuu

Okay how was it? Did you like the epilogue?

I hope y'all enjoyed reading this book as much as I did writing it :)

Now I'm going to be dedicating this epilogue (do people even dedicate epilogues? Eh fuck it, I'm gonna do it anyways XD) right so I'm dedicating this to a special human-wait no half martian XD Floralmess27 for reading my book (and my current wip XD) it honestly means a lot to me :) and obviously for surprising me with your delicious muffins ❤ seriously bro, become a Baker XD

Anyways, that's all :)

I'll see y'all very soon ;)

Till then peace!

~Sky