Chapter Eleven

~Knew I was falling when I looked inside your eyes, she said, "I know you're but what am I?"~ WDW

Corrine

My widened eyes met his that held nothing. His held mine yet, they were cold. Void of any emotion. I didn't know what I was expecting. A warm hug from the man that hadn't even acknowledged me from the moment I came here.

"What?"Amelia's gasp and disbelieving look snapped me back to reality.

"Yeah, she is." He muttered.

"So, are you going to accept her?" She asked, almost pleading for him not to accept me. I didn't know of his past and neither did he mine, but the thought of rejection, send a sharp pain through my chest.

"I don't know," He replied. He didn't know. In other words, the possibilities of being rejected were higher.

"Can you lead me back to the kitchen?" I asked, willing my mind to let go of the situation.

"Sure," he whispered.

"We aren't done talking about this, Gen!" Amelia yelled as he both left the hallway.

"So, you're going to reject me? If your going to do it, do it now and not prologue my suffering and when did werewolves get mated to vampires?" I asked, sending him a glare and a perplexed look.

"It rarely happens but yes, vampires can have werewolves beloved. It has happened before. A couple of times actually. Rare but not impossible." He replied, ignoring the other question I asked.

Even with him intentionally ignoring the question, I was almost sure of his answer. He was going to reject me.

I kept mum after that, my mind going through different scenarios of when the rejection would happen. Aura whimpers slightly before huffing and going mute too. What I was happy about though was that my wolf wasn't submissive or one that would fall prey to the mate bond or go weak just because he was our mate.

"We're here, and please next time you want to go site seeing, think about it first," he replied, his voice harsh.

"I got lost and I wasn't 'site seeing' or whatever. If it were up to me, I would already have left this disgusting place." I glared, both Aura and I angry at his accusations.

"Yeah, yeah whatever." He grumbled walking away, leaving me fuming.

"Can you let me hurt him?" Aura grumbled as she growled in my head. That makes a smile slip to my lips as an image of the bloody and thoroughly bruised Primus flashed through my mind.

"Maybe next time, Aura. We don't want to end up dead." I replied and she retreats not satisfied but content.

"Sunshine, I've been looking all over for you? Where were you?" Ethan, exclaimed, his eyes gazing onto mine.

"Well, I kinda got lost and met with Ethan's sister. She's so sweet." I remarked, rolling my eyes in the process.

"Amelia?" He asked.

"Who else?" Sarcasm thick in my voice.

"What happened?"

"I'll tell you later, for now what do you want to eat?" I asked him grabbing his arm and leading him towards the kitchen.

"Really? Are you going to make something delicious like last time?" He asked, his eyes growing huge, a childlike innocence engulfs his features and for the first time, my glare softens.

"Anything you want," I barely finished before he squealed loudly, as he hopped up and down on his spot. An amused smile slips to my lips as I stated at him. He notices and clears his throat, a sheepish smile forming on his as he rubbed his neck, awkward.

"I'm just excited." He mumbles out, the words barely audible.

"I can tell," I replied, barely keeping the amusement in my voice at bay.

Even though right now I honestly didn't know what to do, I swallowed the pain and decided to dwell in what was currently happening in my life. Which was nothing at all but pain.

*

"No way!" Ethan exclaimed, his eyes wide with questions running through them.

"Yeah," I had just completed explaining to him everything that had happened some few hours ago and to say he was shocked would be an understatement. His mouth continued to hang open even after I was done explaining it to him.

"You mean that Gen is actually your mate? And he didn't even tell me or anyone for that matter?" He mumbled, his voice portraying the hurt he was feeling within.

"Yeah, and the worst part is he even didn't elaborate if he was going to reject me or not. Right now I have no idea what his plans are for me and I don't think I want to stick around here to know because I think he's going to reject me." I confess, my eyes scanning the dining table that the warm plate of food was laying on. I glance at Ethan's almost empty one and I nearly roll my eyes. He would eat even in serious situations.

"I don't know, sunshine, Gen maybe a lot of things but to reject his beloved. That would be crazy. I know him, he would never reject you." Ethan muttered with conviction yet I wasn't convinced. I had witnessed rejection and what it made people do. How it made them weak and destroyed. I had witnessed how rejection had crippled my mother and led her to have me. Someone everyone claimed would never have a mate.  I think I would even prefer my old life where I knew I would never have a mate. Where I had plans of adopting some kids and leaving an ordinary life by my own.

"Whatever his decision is, I'll accept it with no argument. If he wants to reject me he can. I'm not going to be one of those she wolves who beg for attention. He can do what he wants." I reply and my wolf growls with acknowledgment, agreeing with every word that just left my lips. Although my wolf is a part of me, most of her decisions, are always sane and well thought with either sides weighed.

"Let's just hope everything ends well. Don't give up on him, sunshine." Ethan begs.

What if I wanted someone not to give up on me too? Should I always have to be the one to hold onto something?  Can't he just do that himself, or maybe for us both?

"No, I can't because I'm not the moon goddess, I'm just Corrine. I can only await his decision." I replied and left the table.

Ethan knew not to follow me. I quickly and quietly went back to my room that my mind had finally recorded where it was. I knew my decision. If Gen was to reject me, I'd accept it head on and move on. I've always known that I wouldn't have a mate so it'd be easy to move on. It doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt. It just means I know I can get over it, just like I've always done to all the things thrown at me.

*

Omg! It's been SOO LONG! I hope y'all are doing great. Thankyou for the comments and I finally updated. I hope you enjoy the chapter!

I'll update again soon!

Please,

Vote. Comment. Share.