Chapter 19: Old Mrs. Toland

In the western restaurant, the handsome and elegant man whispered his loving words to the bouquet on the chair, but he still couldn't control the sadness in his heart.

Being blinded by sadness, Oswald was sober from a hangover. Although he had already seen the corpse, he could not guarantee that it was Vanessa herself.

He has done something that is mad in the eyes of ordinary people.

He brought the corpse that had already been sent to the funeral home back again and sent for DNA testing.

In the past few days, he had been feeling uneasy.The result was the same as Oswald had expected.Although the corpse was a female corpse, it did not coincide with Vanessa's DNA.

This meant that Vanessa was not dead.

Oswald sent someone to appraise the basement's blood and confirmed that the blood that splattered everywhere was indeed left behind by Vanessa."Go find someone to compare the blood stains in the basement and simulate the situation at that time." Oswald gradually regained his rationality and made more and more decisive decisions.

His subordinates were busy searching for Vanessa's whereabouts.

Oswald drove to old Mrs. Toland's house. In the old—fashioned houses in the countryside, there were still white flowers hanging everywhere.

The old Mrs. Toland was lying in a rocking chair, half asleep. Her health was already very bad.

"Old lady, where is Vanessa?" Oswald's expression was very bad, and his tone was not gentle.

"Isn't my poor granddaughter already dead?" The old Mrs. Toland said, as if she had completely accepted the death of her granddaughter.

"I don't believe it, search."Oswald could not force an elderly person, but firmly believed that Vanessa was here, after all, the traces of life could not be hidden.

A large number of bodyguards in black suits swarmed in and turned the house.

Old Mrs. Toland looked at Oswald in front of her, "Vanessa has been very stubborn since childhood, and she has to get what she wants. I know she has offended people outside, but she is willing."

"I couldn't interfere in her decision."With a long sigh, the old woman fell asleep on the rocking chair.

Only Oswald, who looked angry, was left behind.

"Sir, we've already looked for house." The bodyguard shook his head, "We didn't find any trace of Mrs. Simon."

"Impossible." Oswald was very angry, "I'll go find it myself."

How could his Vanessa abandon him so ruthlessly?She was even unwilling to return to her grandmother's place.

Oswald kicked the door, his entire body overflowing with hostility.

He looked at the old woman lying on the rocking chair with an indifferent expression in disbelief.

"You must know something!"Old Mrs. Toland opened her muddy eyes and berated, "You are the one who forced my granddaughter to death. Now, you still have the face to shout in front of me. You should return my granddaughter's life!"

Oswald took two steps back, not daring to believe the truth about Vanessa's death, but judging from her performance, she did not know about Vanessa's news.

"Tidy up the room."

Oswald powerlessly dropped this sentence and returned to the car to rest with his eyes closed.

To figure out Vanessa's matters, he hadn't rested for a long time, but after taking a nap, the bodyguard's voice woke Oswald up.

"Drive, go find Kerwin."Oswald rubbed his forehead exhaustively.

Vanessa had been begging Kerwin to take her away. Now Vanessa had disappeared, and it was not wrong to start searching from Kerwin.

In a private hospital, Oswald stopped Kerwin, who was wearing a white coat.

"Where is Vanessa?"Kerwin was not surprised by Oswald's appearance.

He calmly held his glasses and said, "Then Mr. Simon, please join me in my office for a while."Oswald clenched his fists tightly and let go of them again.

A seeping smile appeared on his face, "Alright."The bodyguard was left outside the door.

Oswald sat on Kerwin's chair, carrying an aura of an emperor.

"Can you tell me where Vanessa is hiding now?"

Kerwin knew that Oswald was an arrogant and arrogant person, but he didn't expect this person to be so sure that Vanessa was hiding with him.

Thinking back to Vanessa's usually expression when she received treatment, Kerwin felt that he wasn't worth it for Vanessa.

For such a man, Vanessa sacrificed her life.

"Perhaps Mr. Simon has some misunderstandings. Let me introduce you again." Kerwin took out a stack of documents from the cabinet, "My name is Kerwin. I'm your wife's attending doctor."

"Stop pretending. I already knew about the relationship between the two of you. You might as well cut to the chase." Oswald did not believe Kerwin's words.

"I'm glad that Mr. Simon has such confidence, but you have to take out the evidence."

Kerwin liked Vanessa very much, but he respected her.

He didn't want to ruin her reputation because of these nonexistent things.

"Mrs. Simon and I do not have any intimate contact except for the necessary treatment. I am responsible for my reputation and her reputation."

Kerwin straightened up and handed the case over to Oswald, "Take a look at this and you'll understand."Oswald flipped through the case in his hand.

Tens of thousands of miles away, the weak woman on the bed opened her eyes.