[49] Unfuck You

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

I AWOKE NATURALLY due to the light beaming through the windows. There was a warmth that today held, it was nice. Calming. I sat up in my bed, expecting to see Lakyn next to me, but he was not there. After concluding that he probably went out to fetch breakfast, like most mornings, I got out of bed and made it neatly.

I used my hands to brush my hair back, securing it in a ponytail as I sighed, walking into the bathroom. For the first time in a while, I actually mustered up enough energy to shower alone. Stepping into the shower, I turned the faucet on hot. 

I savored the warmth that the water gifted, washing my hair and my body, brushing my teeth and shaving where it was needed, then I turned the shower off and exited, wrapping a fluffy white towel around my petite frame.

I waddled back into our bedroom, noticing that even after being in the shower for almost thirty minutes, he was still not back.

Worry filled me as I sat down on the edge of the bed, grabbing my phone and calling Lakyn's contact.

The line barely run twice before he answered and my ears were blessed with the smooth sound of his deep voice. "Hey, Vi." he spoke, sounding as though he was shuffling around. "You okay?"

I narrowed my eyes. "Yes, I am fine." I answered him. "Where are you?" I asked curiously. I did not mean to sound nosey, but he rarely leaves without saying anything and he rarely leaves for so long. 

I am not overly attached; I just need to know that he is okay. After my mother. . .I get worried. I have learnt that your whole world can get turned upside down so quickly and after falling for him, I cannot deal with losing him too. My mother was my everything, but Lakyn, he is my human. 

"Uh," he paused, his breathing sounding awfully loud. "I'm—I'm with Hale."

I clenched my jaw, wishing that he could see the murderous glare I was currently giving the wardrobe as I imagined that it were him. "Hale?" I repeated. "Why could I not come?"

"Sweetheart, you were asleep and—"

I cut him off. "Oh, please." I stopped him, anger boiling beneath my skin. "You are selfish, Lakyn. You can see Hale, but I cannot?"

I heard him groan. It turned me on slightly, any sound he makes does, but I chose to ignore it. Now is not the time. I just have not gotten my morning sex yet.

"It isn't even about that." he remarked. 

I raised an eyebrow, despite him being unable to see me. "Then what is it about?" I pressed. "You could have at least texted me, so that I knew where you were. God, if you do not want me around, just say so."

"I do want you around, fuck." he responded, anger apparent in his low tone of voice. "Sorry I just wanted you to sleep. You know. . .after last night I thought I would be doing you a favor." he said and I could practically hear the smirk in his voice, I also heard Hale make a sound feigning disgust in the background and I smiled at his immaturity.

My cheeks flushed with red as I recalled the events of last night. "Well, then. I will do you a favor and not let that happen again, that way you have no excuse to go and see my best friend without me."

I know that he is our mutual best friend, but that is just more reason to bring me.

"Aw, come on, Violet." he whined like a child. 

I shook my head, sighing. "I was scared." I admitted.

The line went quiet for a moment before he spoke softly. "Shit, I'm sorry, sweetheart." he said, sounding pained. "I'm fine, okay? And I'll be home soon."