Season 3 - Burnt Toast

"Honestly, I don't really feel anything. Do you?"

I rested my head against the back of Steve's, shaking it back and forth slightly, "I mean, I feel fine."

I wasn't sure how much time had passed since we'd been injected with that blue serum, but I felt indifferent. Sure, a little lighter and more airy than usual, but, overall, fine.

"I feel normal," I said. The soldiers and doctor had left to let the drug set, leaving Steve and I alone in the strange room, all tied up.

"Yeah, I feel... I feel fine," Steve agreed, "I kinda feel good."

This made me laugh, and Steve laughed, as well.

"Steve," I said in a hushed voice, my giggles coming to a stop as my speech became suddenly serious, "Wanna know a secret?"

"What?" Steve asked, his voice just as low as mine.

"I like it, too!" This time, my voice came out high and loud, making me laugh even harder than before, "I feel good."

"Morons," Steve laughed, "They messed up the drug."

"They messed it up!" I said through laughs, leaning my head further into Steve's, "Morons. Hey, morons!"

"Morons!" Steve shouted before doubling over in giggles.

"Morons, hello, morons!

"Whoa-oh!"

"Son of a bitch," I said, my smile wide, "There's definitely something wrong with us."

"Something's wrong," Steve repeated, his voice slurring and sending me into another fit of giggles.

The buzzer on the door suddenly sounded and I turned my head, just in time to see a soldier, the commanding officer and the doctor walk into the room. I sucked in a breath and my eyes went wide as they came in.

Something about the way the commanding officer was looking at me made me want to burst out in laughter, but I managed to hold it in.

The doctor walked over to the table and set down his bag before pulling out multiple metal tools, including pliers, a knife, and something that resembled a pizza cutter.

I giggled as the officer stopped in front of Steve, "What are you gonna do with that, pizza-slice us to death?"

"Let's try this again, yes?" The commanding officer said, ignoring my comment.

I felt Steve nod against my head as he hummed in agreement, his laughter having disappeared the second we weren't alone anymore.

"Who do you work for?"

"Scoops," Steve said shortly, making the both of us giggle at the word, "Scoops Ahoy."

I closed my eyes as I shook in silent laughter.

"How did you find us?"

"Totally by accident," Steve chuckled.

"Bol'she lzhi," the officer sneered, glancing over at the doctor. I watched as he picked up the pliers and began making his way over to Steve.

"What is that shiny little toy?" Steve asked.

"What are you gonna do with that, doc?" I said, biting down on my lip.

"Whoa, whoa, hey, hey," Steve said suddenly as the doctor began doing something I couldn't see, "Wait! No! Wait, wait! Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"Stop!" I shouted, panicking when I felt the pressure of Steve trying to back up.