The superstar's backstory

Okaaaayyyyy I promised slight angst and I SWEAR it was supposed to be slight... I still think it is slight... but part of me feels like some will consider this heavy so I'd like to apologize in advance.

The details in this chapter are something that has been kept from us since chapter one, high time to know what happened, right? :)

Warning: mentions of the past, ailment, and depression (one word)

(But I still think this is slight nfsdknfldfsd here have some bingsoo as you read hihihi🍨🍨🍨)

++++++++++++

"Let's start with my family," Arthit said.

"I'm listening," Kong replied making him chuckle.

"I was seven when dad asked mom for a divorce." Kong's eyes widen with how Arthit started his story. It made Arthit laugh again. These expressions from Kong never fail to amuse him.

"It all started with a drunken night for the two of them, can you believe it?" Kong is trying to decipher the emotions that are going through Arthit's face and voice but part of him feels like the actor is obviously masking it.

"You can just tell me things that you are comfortable with, Arthit. I am not imposing anything." Kong tried to stop him but Arthit shook his head.

"I promised everything, Kong, so I'll say everything. It's a story from a long time ago. I am fine with everything already. It's just that... I haven't really shared the story to anyone after I shared it with Pete and Third so retelling the story is a bit... awkward." Arthit assured him.

"Okay."

"So that was that. They met on a bar, hooked up, and the next thing they know, mom got pregnant of me," Arthit glanced at Kong before he continued.

"Dad already promised mom that he'll support her with everything for my sake... since dad knows that he cannot be the partner that my mom hoped for him to be. Mom must have fallen so hard... but dad looks good, what can I say?" Arthit confidently shrugged his shoulders making Kong laugh.

"You're boasting about your genes, I can see it, okay? Continue." It made Arthit laugh as well.

"Both sides of my family are part of the middle class, but my mom's side is more traditional. When they knew mom got pregnant, they demanded dad to marry her."

"Shotgun marriage?" Arthit nodded.

"So dad had to face it, especially with mom's family saying they'll file a case against him and all that. Dad's family is simple, facing a case will surely be a huge thing especially monetarily for them. Dad ended up marrying mom and then they had me." Arthit paused as he cannot help but smile seeing how Kongpob is listening attentively.

"It was fine at first... like we were a functional family... but it all started to change when mom kept on getting angry that dad is coming home late... saying he's meeting up with girls, or maybe boys and that he's cheating on her." Kong tried his best to control his emotions as he just nodded on what Arthit said.

"I saw them fight and dad would always come over and cuddle me after that, then they'll look fine the next day... not until the day dad got fed up and asked mom for a divorce. If you were to ask me, mom was too much at that time." Kong is suddenly imagining a 7-year-old Arthit watching his parents fight and that caused a tug in his heart.

"Before that, dad asked me several times... If what will I do if he leaves. I said I'll wait for him... then I said I'll look after mom while waiting for him." Kong found himself gripping his knuckles over what Arthit said.