Chapter Eleven: Reina

"Do it again," Tomi ordered. Every day after school Reina and Dana had Royal Training. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays consisted of combat training while Tuesdays and Thursdays were spent learning about diplomacy and supernatural history. Today, they were practicing with weapons.

Reina and her opponent, Scarlett, were doing combat drills with bo staffs. Tomi having ordered them to restart the set.

Scarlett Knight was the daughter of two high ranking warriors within the Royal Pack. When Reina could not find her third mate two years previously, Scarlett filled that slot of being the Warrior during training. There was even talk of that when Reina assumed the throne that Scarlett would be the first member of the Royal Triumvirate not to be mated to the other two. However, Reina's earlier discovery of her mysterious mate will most certainly change things.

Reina's train of thought was derailed when she felt a hard smack on her upper arm. Scarlett looked concerned.

"You're not focusing Reina. Is something wrong?"

"Don't worry about it," Reina said, snapping back to attention. They began to go over the combat drills again this time Reina gave it a hundred percent concentration.

Dana was watching on the sidelines next to Tomi. When Reina was finished with her drills, she would practice some with Scarlet. However, Reina will have to leave the training room when that occurred.

Alphas are naturally protective wolves, doubly so with their mates and triply so if said mate was an omega. Omegas tended to be smaller and weaker than other wolves, so to compensate they released a calming aura that affects and soothes other werewolves. With both Reina and Dana being princesses, those characteristics were even more enhanced than that of normal Alpha-Omega pairings. Meaning that Reina always lost it when Dana so much as stubbed her toe. That's why the Moon Goddess created the Triumvirate. The Warrior mate is designed to bridge the gap between the Alpha and Omega. Someone able to protect themselves as well as the Omega but also strong enough to keep the Alpha in check. Reina couldn't help but daydream about her warrior mate, Alex, she had looked so strong yet there was a certain vulnerableness about her. Why did she seem so scared of finding her mate? Why did she avoid Reina? Why-

"Block higher Reina!" Tomi suddenly shouted once again snapping her out of her musings. Reina could hear her mama continue in a softer voice, speaking to Dana. "Is something going on with you two? I've never seen Reina so distracted."

"Um. Uh. Well you see... we uh," Dana stammered. Dana's biggest weakness, or strength, some might say, is that she absolutely sucked at lying.

"Mama! We're fine," Reina injected over her mates stammering; turning to face the duo.

"Uh huh. Sure. Dana, is that true?" Tomi asked. Dana turned bright red and hesitantly nodded. Tomi still didn't look convinced. "Girls, if something is wrong you can tell me. It's perfectly normal to have relationship difficulties even for werewolves. Goddess knows your moms and I have had our share of knockdown drag out fights."

"Mama. Dana and I are not having a fight or relationship problems. It's just, um, kinda weird and complicated right now." Reina sighed, leaning on her bo staff. Dana, finally, seemed to find her words at Tomi's raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, Tomi. We're not trying to keep anything from you, but Rei and I just need to figure this out on our own."

Tomi frowned but nodded acquiescing, "very well. I'll drop it for now. But I expect to hear something soon. Reina, go ahead and head back. We'll train Dana for a few before dinner."

After a quiet dinner, avoiding her parents probing questions about what was wrong, Reina and Dana retired to their room. Nick didn't come by the mansion that night so they couldn't even try to interrogate him about Alex and her family. They stayed up late speculating in whispers about their mate and plotting how to approach her. Sleep finally claimed them while they were wrapped around each other but keenly missing their final piece.