Chapter Seven - One Sister, Six Brothers And A Hotel Room

Cameron stared at the dirty dining table in silent shock.

They were her brothers.

She had brothers. 

She bit her lip as a nauseous feeling appeared in her stomach.

Her parents had lied.

She had brothers.

She folded the paper back up, slipped it neatly into the white envelope and placed it back onto the table in front of her. Her legs curled up to her stomach, arms circling round them to keep them in place.

Why did her parents lie?

What else have they lied about?

Oh gosh. Were they even her real parents?

She needed to talk to them, to understand why. Why they lied to her. Why they didn't tell her.

"Kitten?" Myles' voice cut through her thoughts.

She hummed in acknowledgement, letting him know she heard him; the pet name not even agitating her. Her eyes never left the dining table.

"What are you thinking about?" Myles asked, coming to crouch beside her curled up form on the chair. 

"A lot." She whispered, frowning as she wondered what was actually true in her life. "Mainly just wondering what else in the last eighteen years of my life have been a lie."

"That's understandable," Myles remarked.

"Are they even my real parents?" She needed to know.

"No," Myles stated softly.

Cameron nodded, not even feeling surprised. Maybe all her surprise had run out in the last few days. What with Drew Turner; meeting her brothers; finding out one of her brothers murdered her old stalker; being held at gun point twice; Reid killing Drew; going with her brothers to a dingy hotel; being shown evidence they were her brothers and finding out her parents weren't actually her real parents, there was no surprise left. There was not even any room for surprise in her emotions right now.

She hadn't realised how quiet it had been until it was broken.

"Welcome to the family Sis!" Arlo bounced forward, around the table, and picked Cameron up into a crushing hug. 

She gasped, partly from being picked up, and partly for the air that had been taken from her lungs as Arlo squeezed. He was hugging around her curled up form. She squirmed to get out of his deathly hold, as he started to spin, dancing in circles around the dirty room.

"Yes! I'm not the youngest anymore!" Lloyd celebrated, joining in spinning with the dancing duo.

Cameron felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment as her brothers, who were watching, laughed. She relaxed into the hug, defeated when the struggling did no good, and hid her face in his shoulder. His hold was unbreakable and she didn't want them to see her blushing.

"Awww, is Cami embarrassed?" Arlo cooed. He stopped spinning in the middle of the room, loosening his hug and gently helping her so she could stand.

"No," Cameron replied, glaring at the amused grin on his face.

"Tell that to your red cheeks." Diego pointed out, relaxed form spread out along one of the couches. Kalmin was sat on the other, while Reid leant against the arm of it. Myles stayed where he'd been crouching, but was stood straight.

Cameron rolled her eyes, sticking her tongue out at him.

He pulled his tongue back. 

"What happens now?" Lloyd questioned, interrupting their tongue pulling contest.