Training by Destiny (CHOICE)

Expectations? Subverted.

This is a choice chapter, which means that the training arc is still happening, but there's two ways it could end up.

ALSO. I SAID IT DOWN BELOW BUT IM SAYING IT HERE. THIS CHOICE IS HUGE AND IS ONE OF THE MAIN DECIDERS OF WHAT ENDING THE BOOK WILL GET. CHOOSE CAREFULLY AND THINK OF THE BENEFITS AND CONSEQUENCES.

This training arc is going to go by fast. This is the final few chapters in Menagerie. After this, we'll be back in the Kingdoms. So many storylines to progress! Yang, Roman, Ozpin...it's gonna be a good time. It's only going to be about 3 chapters of the training arc.Anyways, this one'll be a shorter one, but here we go!

XXXXXXXXX

"Show me what you can do right now. I need to test you." The grumpy Faunus said with a huff. "Basically you're about to get your ass handed to you in a fight that's going to show what you lack. Maybe your protagonist powers will kick in and save you though, who knows. You've already gotten Graham to combine with you to make your yin take on a more draconic appearance. That's a step in the right direction."

The leopard surrounding the old mans darkness was feral as it growled at Y/N and Graham.

"Well you're just as annoying as I am." Y/N growled out feeling the anger emanating from Graham. "I assume you're apart of the Gods plan? I didn't even know I had this form until two days ago and you're just pulling it out of me with your own yin."

"The opposite actually. I'm not apart of their plan. I'm like an...anomaly to it." The grump said. "Now cmon, lets fight."

"Fuck you."

Y/N shot forward and turned his hands into two long claw like appendages. He collided with the older Faunus as they locked sword and claw before Y/N felt the presence of the shadow leopard about to pounce.

"You're already at a disadvantage kid. My yin can move, yours can't separate from your body!" The man said sadistically as he used his sword to trip up Y/N and push him backwards. He stumbled as he finally saw the shadow leopard pouncing as the man rushed him. "Not only that, but you've lost your sword!"

"GRAHAM! Handle the defense I'll focus on offense!" Y/N roared out.

"Aye partner!" Graham responded in his dragon form as he began to defend against the leopards attacks using his heads. Y/N lit his hands up in flames as he began to shoot blasts towards the man. Each one was cut or dodged easily.

"Tch." Y/N spat before rushing again. He used a top feint to counter the mans defense, but with Graham wildly countering the leopard, he was on his own.

"You know you betray your partners power." The man narrowed his eyes. "You'll get both of you killed at this point."

"Sure." Y/N grinned before turning into a cat. Both Graham and he disappeared before the man as his eyes widened. Y/N dashed between his legs as the leopard soared over him and collided with his owner in a puff of darkness before reappearing beside him. He quickly turned around to meet Y/N's cat form before Y/N appeared right in front of him.

"What the?" The man whispered as Y/N reappeared. He turned back into a human, but this time he became a hybrid. His eyes were red and he was growling, but his arms had turned into two of the dragon heads.

"GO!" Y/N roared as he shot his two arms forward. They latched onto the man with their jaws and Y/N pulled them forward with strength. The man grit his teeth before Y/N kneed him in the gut. He switched his arms back to fists as he proceeded to combo the man into oblivion. The world around them resumed into time as Y/N leaped on top of him with his flames out and grabbed his neck. The old mans bruises and impact marks from the dragon heads were slowly healing up with his own power. "What...what the fuck?"