Chapter 31

Alex’s POV

Well, I know Rachel’s gonna be surprised by me today. She told me that she’s going back into work to start with a local band starting today, and I was going to be on the same train as her, but going to Jack’s. Just like how it was when we first met.

—————

Rachel’s POV

Ah, bright and early. I’ve gotten pretty used to being up early throughout the years so its not that bad anymore. I decided to grab my breakfast at a local coffee shop on the way to the train station so I could eat on the way to work.

As usual, my seat was free, so I sat there right away, munching on my bagel and listening to my iPod. As the train started going, I had nostalgic flashbacks to when I first saw Alex on this train. That was all the way back in January, and look how far we’ve come already. I started thinking back to when he asked me out too. That date at the coffee shop was so simple, I dont even think we could consider it a date, but it was one of the best times I’ve had getting to know someone.

My ipod changed to an old Sleeping With Sirens song that I once loved, but now wasn't very fond of. I looked through my library for a new song as I felt the train come to a halt at the next station.

“Hm…no, I dont wanna listen to Death Cab For Cutie right now…no, not Hawthorne Heights…” I thought to myself as I scrolled through my songs. I felt the train start moving again and I finally settled on Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon album for the rest of my trip.

As I finished my bagel, I looked around the train. Yep, the usual business men and women, couple of skater guys, a mom with her kids in a stroller, Alex, a guy who was probably drinking all night. 

Wait…Alex?

I looked over at him again, this time not scanning around at other people to see him giving me a cheeky grin.

Not wanting to start an entire conversation with him being on the other side of the train and diagonally across from me, I mouthed at him, what are you doing here?

He silently laughed to himself then held up the duffle bag in his hand, staying at Jack’s for a few days, and I’ve got work too.

I gave him a thumbs up as a way of saying that I understand.

Once my stop came around, I first walked over to Alex to give him a kiss on the cheek and whispered that I’d text him later, then exited the train and made my way towards work.

——————

“Emma!” I said excitedly once I entered the building and saw her face behind the reception desk.

“Hey Rachel! How have you been? Is Alex back? How are you guys together? Anything big happen?” She threw rapid fire questions at me, and I laughed it off, sitting down at the chair beside her.

“It might take a while, but…”

——————

Alex’s POV

“Dude thanks for letting me stay here” I thanked Jack once I got to his house.

“No problem, although I thought you would've asked your girlfriend”

“Yeah I didn't wanna be a burden, and you've dealt with me longer so I know you dont mind me, huh fuckhead?” 

“Yeah I guess so, ya little shit. So Peyton and Sebastian are staying with the dog walker?”

“Mhm, she didn't mind taking them in for a few days.”

I made my way over to Jack’s kitchen and grabbed myself a bowl of cereal, “Oh hey, so I was writing a new song the other day…”