Chapter 5: The Wedding Reception

Jayden's POV

"Is everything in place Kyle? Everything has to be perfect," I asked Kyle patiently checking my watch momentarily.

"That's like the fifth time in a row you've asked me that obvious question Jayden," Kyle replied putting his hand on my arm.

"Everything is perfect and everything will go according to plan. Your dad, Mrs Casella, Lisa, Layton and other relatives are handling the guests," he reassured me.

"And Kyra? When will she be done? It's been like three hours since they started dressing her up."

"Oh c'mon. She's the bride. She has to look exquisite so they are putting their maximum effort into it. They should be done in fifteen."

"Fine. I guess I have to wait then."

"I'll head to the ballroom. All the best, Jayden. If you need anything at all I will make sure I'm in sight at all times."

"Sure, Kyle. See you around."

Kyle disappeared down the hallway leaving me all alone in the hallway. I was nervous but I made sure to maintain a neutral facial expression.

There was no room for mistakes. This entire thing had cost both families millions so we had to make sure our money had not gone to waste.

I looked out the window close to me and then I turned to the night sky. It was beautiful, peaceful and magical. The stars twinkled brightly and lights shone brightly all over New York City.

It all made me miss my mom. She had become history in the blink of an eye yet her memories were still fresh in my mind as if we had lost her a few seconds ago.

The stars reminded me of her. Looking at them made me feel as if she was right there looking down on me from heaven. If only I could hold her one last time and tell her how much I loved her.

My thoughts were interrupted by the opening of a door. I turned back and quite a number of people exited most whom I recognised as make-up artists and so forth. Guess they were done.

They all acknowledged me as they left all complimenting my looks and all. Well, it was not anything new to me anyway.

"Mr Montero, your bride is ready. We'll leave the two of you alone," an older lady announced as she was the last one to exit the room.

I nodded and thanked her then I watched her leave. Well, now where on earth was 'my bride'?

She wasn't expecting me to come in and say some dramatic compliments then escort her out was she?

For the sake of time I decided to take the first step. I ambled into the room and then what I saw rendered me speechless. Kyra stood there nervously as I eye wrapped her glorious figure and appearance.

Holy cheese! Did I just call her glorious?

Jealous down she deserved a much better term to do justice to her master perfection beauty and glory. Her first feature that had the urge to flip my entire world upside down were her eyes.

They represented one of my favourite places on earth, the ocean. They held an intense shade of ocean blue filled with pure innocence, mildness and perfection.

How come I had never noticed them?Heck, I had never really looked at her to the point of absorbing her features but now ignoring her was impossible.

I realised that this was actually my first time looking directly at her to see her for who she was not my enemy who had marched into my life to cause a catastrophe.