twenty

I pulled my sunglasses down the bridge of my nose slightly, looking at Spencer,

"Come on, you never know. It could be fun" He pointed out. I shook my head, my eyes landing back on the view from my balcony.

The two of us were lying on my patio chairs, "I feel like something bad's going to happen" I admitted, and he sighed.

"Ronnie, what's the worst that could happen?" I shrugged, sitting up.

"I don't know"

"Exactly, it's just you being paranoid. You're always like this when you think about coming back here, and barely anything bad ever happens" He said. I nodded, knowing he was right. "You gonna go see him?" He asked.

"Yeah, I haven't in a while" He nodded, sitting up as well. The two of us were facing one another now, and I took my sunglasses off to get a good look at his face.

"I can drive you if you want" He offered, and I stood. I held my hand out for him to take, and he did so.

I thought for a moment, "I'll be okay, I need someone to cover for me while I'm gone" We entered my bedroom, letting go of one another.

"I'll just tell them you're at the store looking for something for tonight" I nodded,

"Thanks, Spence"

000

I walked onto the grounds, examining every little detail. I sighed, making my way over to my final destination. Sitting on the grass, I criss crossed my legs. I smiled faintly,

"Hey, Dean" I started, examining the headstone.

Dean Grimaldi

1982-1999

Beloved son, brother...

I stopped reading it, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear. "I know I haven't visited you in a while, I haven't been in town for almost two years" I let out a laugh, "Just like you wanted" I looked down at the grass. I paused, I didn't know where to start.

"I'm back at the BAU" I told him, "I love it, I'm really glad I'm back. But a lot has happened in the past two months, a lot that I wish didn't" I then narrowed my eyes, "But some of it was good. I started seeing Aaron, you know, the one that reminds me of you?" I glanced back at the headstone. "I got stabbed by Landon, I got shot by my twin sister" I then scoffed, nodding.

"Yeah, you heard me right. My twin sister" I scrunched my nose, "She kidnapped Spencer and I, she almost killed him. I don't know what I would have done if they took another one of my best friends" I pursed my lips as my eyes began to water. "I really miss you" I admitted, "I'm really tired"

Dean Grimaldi was my best friend since the age of three, and he was the only boy that William Black ever murdered. He was 17, and my father only killed him because he was my best friend.

I just looked at the stone sticking out of the ground. "But last night was a real change in scenery. We went to a club, Aaron and I kissed for the first time" I smiled at the thought, "I haven't felt this way about someone in a really long time"

I knew Dean wasn't going to talk back to me. But it was my way of feeling closer to him, telling him about my life. I never really believed in ghosts, but I always thought that somehow he would be able to hear me.

At least, I always hoped he could.

000

I bit my lip as I examined myself in the mirror,

"I don't know what you're so nervous about, V. You look so hot, he won't be able to resist" I narrowed my eyes, turning to look at Penelope and Em. PG was sitting on my floor, a pillow to her chest. Above her on my bed sat Emily, who was laying on her stomach, kicking her feet in the air.

"What do mean, he wont be able to resist?" I was confused, "Wait, Aaron?" They looked at me as if it was obvious. I shook my head violently, "No! I'm not nervous about..." I scanned them, sighing. "Okay, maybe a little" I admitted, turning back to look at myself in the mirror.

I dusted off my sage satin green mini dress, examining it's ruched bust. "And that's why we're telling you you'll be fine! Plus, the dress makes your tits look phenomenal" Emily pfft'd at Penelope's words.

"She's right" Emily let out, and I rolled my eyes. A smirk appeared on my face,

"Take a picture, it'll last longer" I teased, and the two started to laugh. I glanced at the time. 6:45. I bit my lip, checking my makeup in the mirror once more. "Ready?" I asked them.

They both stood up, "Ready, sugar" PG smirked, and I slid on my white sling back heels. I could do this, I was fine. I was just overthinking it.

Emily wrapped her arms around my shoulders, and PG opened the door for us. We were all dressed up, my mother always had dress codes for her parties. I always thought it was stupid, but I guess she liked to do it.

Walking down the stairs, they started talking about how excited they were. Excited about the fancy dinner, and the rich boys that were going to be there tonight.

I couldn't blame them, if I didn't know what this life was like, I would be excited too. But I did, I knew all the rich boys were jack asses, all the fancy dinners ended in some sort of argument.

When we walked outside, the scene took a moment to take in.

A big white tent, with fairy lights hanging from the sides. The music from inside was classical, the tables were covered by white colored cloths.

There were vases with my favorite flower on all of the tables, dahlias.

People were sitting, standing, laughing. There were a lot of them, at least a hundred. I held my breath,

"Damn, all these people are here for you" I accidentally let out an overly nervous laugh,

"This isn't all of it" I revealed, and they stared at me in shock. Emily let go of me, and we all walked further into the tent. My mother turned and saw us, clapping her hands as she smiled.

"Oh, sweetie! There you are! Your boys are over there," She started, pointing over to the right, "But first I want you to come say hi to the Grimaldis!" My eyes went wide,

"They're here?" She nodded, and I looked at my friends. "Meet me in five?" They nodded,

"Have fun, princess" PG ordered, and the two of them walked away. I followed my mother over towards a small crowd, and I saw them.

The Grimaldi's. My second family, my favorite people in the entire world. It was Deans parents and his older brother, and I hadn't seen them in almost 10 years.

I smiled at them as they turned to look at me, and they were overjoyed. I laughed as they rushed towards me, "Oh, Veronica!" Mrs. Grimaldi cheered,

"We're so happy you're here! And safe" Mr. Grimaldi told me, all of them hugging me one by one. Then, Andrew Grimaldi hugged me. He was Deans older brother, him and I got very close after his brother passed away.

He smiled as he wrapped his arms around me, "You're one strong bitch, huh?" The two of us laughed as I hugged him back. Once we let go of one another, Mrs. Grimaldi put her hand on my arm.

"Have a good time tonight, we don't want to hold you up" I shook my head,

"You could never hold me up," I ensured, and she smiled faintly. "How are you guys?" I asked.

"We're doing well! We've just been keeping busy, we're retired now" Mr. Grimaldi explained. "And now that you know we're doing well, go! They're waiting for you!" I glanced at all my friends, who were staring at us. I chuckled at the fact that they were watching me,

"Okay, okay! I'll see you around" I told them, and with that, I was off to my friends.