VIII - Sage

When the votes go up, the chapter goes up.

Sage gasped and touched her lips as Adonis pulled back

Sage gasped and touched her lips as Adonis pulled back. She was surprised that Adonis had kissed her but she wasn't complaining. They were supposed to be friends though so she knew why he pulled back.

"Shit. Sorry Sage. My bad."

My bad?! That's all he had to say. He'd given her the best kiss of her life and he was talking about my bad. My bad?!

"I didn't mean to kiss you. Wait I meant it and I liked it but for now we're supposed to be friends. Friends don't kiss, Sage. I'm sorry for kissing you but for now let's forget it ever happened. Deal?"

Sage was torn apart inside. Why did they have to be friends for a whole year before they got together? She understood he didn't want to catch a case but nobody had to know. At least he liked the kiss though. She didn't want anything to happen to him so instead she agreed.

"Deal."

"Now come on," he stretched out his left hand to help her up, "we still celebrating."

Sage took his outstretched hand and stood up. She wasn't going to think about the kiss anymore. She was too young. Instead she would choose to just have fun rather than think about something that wasn't going to happen again anytime soon.

Clouded by Brent Faiyaz came on and she smiled. Brent was her husband.

I gave it all for a fantasy
Is anybody go' remember me
If I go tonight I doubt the world will change
I just hope they don't forget my name

"First to reach at the end of that railing will receive $10 from the loser," Adonis pointed to the railing at the at the very end of the skating area challenging Sage.

"That's not fair Adonis," Sage whined, "your legs are longer."

"Ok I'll give you a head start."

Sage smiled. Now the game was fair.

"Mark, set, GO!"

Sage skated off as Adonis said go. The railing was fairly far.

Spent like (how much)
Ten thousand
Twenty thousand
Thirty thousand
Forty Thousand
How much I'ma spend profiling

Adonis and Sage was toe to toe. His stupid long legs made him catch up to her in no time despite giving her a head start.

The railing was getting closer. Almost within reach. She would win. She was determined to win. She needed that $10 from Adonis and bragging rights.

But it was not to be. Adonis reached out and tripped her making her fall face first on the ground. He stood over her laughing before turning to skate away. She wasn't going down without a fight though so she had grabbed his right foot causing him to fall down with her.

"Hardy har har. Who's laughing now?"

Sage got up before he could and kicked him in his left knee causing him to stay down. She laughed in his face just as he had done to her before skating and touching the railing.

"I won. That's $10 for me."

"No you're not getting my $10," Adonis said struggling to get up, "you played dirty."

"Adonis you played dirty first so that doesn't apply. I just gave you an extra taste of your own medicine."

"You're lucky you're my best friend. Other wise I'd knock you out."

Sage only smiled at Adonis' words. Who was go' knock her out? He was just talking out the side of his neck at this point.

"Puh-lease. Knock who out? Best friend or not you couldn't knock Sage out and that's a fact."

"Sage shut the fuck up," Adonis mushed her head smiling, "you watching too many hood videos."

"Negro I been bad. Hood videos or not."

Adonis only shook his head, "you ready to go?"

Sage nodded.

"Alright let's turn off the music and lights and leave this place the way we saw it. No trace of the immaculate escapades of Sage and Adonis."

•••••••••••

I just hurried and updated. It's not much.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Make sure to vote, comment and share.

SinSomeMore

August 8, 2020