3

^^Davanee in MM

(Davanee)

Me: Sorry I can't go

Ace♠️: aight it's coo
Ace♠️: Some other time then...

Me: Yah, sure

I didn't know him like that to say I'm gonna be attending a family event of his. But I did feel bad tho, he invited me and I turned him down.

It's whatever. I proceeded with finishing my homework then went to bed.

The next day, I got up and went to school. When I got there, Ace, Rio and Darnell were the only ones I spotted at the table. They seemed to be talkin bout something serious.

"Hey guys," I smiled as I made my way to the table.

"Wassup."

"Wassgud."

"Wasspoppin."

I invited myself to sit across from Ace and everyone got quiet.

I looked between them in confusion. "...what? Y'all can continue y'alls conversation..."

"Rio, lets go water dah dirt outside real quick," Darnell said as he got up, Rio followed behind him.

Lmao, ok.

I began to unbag my breakfast from the McDonald's bag. I sent a sweet smile to Ace who was lookin at me.

"You free on Saturday?" I heard him ask.

"Sure, why?" I asked before taking a bite of my Hashbrown.

"I wanna take you out..."

I stopped chewing for a couple seconds and looked at him weirdly. "What?"

"Like a lil date, feel me?"

"You're for real?" I asked him while putting a hand over my mouth as I chewed.

"Deadass."

"...ok...I'll think about it," I said.

People still go on dates?

"Nah. I need a answer right now...Yes or No, Davanee?"

"Ok but why a date tho?"

"Watchu mean? It's what a gentleman does when he tryna get to know a female...or at least that's what I do," he shrugged.

".......Ok. I'll got on a 'date' with you," I accepted.

Two Days Later [Saturday]

Ace♠️: I'm outside your building across the street
Ace♠️: In a white BMW

BMW?

I grabbed my denim jacket and my purse. I went to tell my mom that I was leaving, then I walked through the door.

Next, I exited the building and I read Ace's message again. That was when I heard a honk.

I looked up to see him across the street like he said. He had one foot on the ground and the other in his car.

I crossed the street.

"Hey," I greeted him with a small smile.

"Wassup," he says back. "You look...immaculate."

I raised an eyebrow. "Thank you. You do too."