Chapter 78

Chapter 78- The Rise And Fall Of A Dragon

The Dragons leaving Berk

"Go on, bud. Lead them to the Hidden World. You'll be safe there. Safer than you could ever be with me. It's okay," Toothless looks at Hiccup with sadness in his eyes. He pushes his head against the Viking's chest, wanting to stay. He turned human and touched Hiccup's face with his clawed hand.

"I don't want to leave, we want to stay here with you all. we can stay hidden, away from everything, please," Toothless hesitated.
"We love you," Light drooped her ears and turned in her human form.

"I love you too. And I want you to be free. Our world doesn't deserve you...yet." Hiccup kissed Toothless on the forehead and smiled softly. Toothless drooped his ears as Light gently touched his shoulder.
"Honey, as much as I don't want to leave either, we must go," She pleaded. He slowly nodded and took a step back.

"Go, Toothless, go." Hiccup said with a sad smile. Toothless let out a roar and fly up in the air, followed by all the dragons on the island. Stormfly, Meatlug, Barf and Belch, and Hookfang in the lead and Light and Toothless looked back one more time. Astrid and Hiccup nodded and the two dragons flew off with the rest.

Astrid held Hiccup's arm and lean against him.
"What do you think they'll do?" She asked. Hiccup shrugged and kissed her cheek.

"Not sure, but what I do know, is that their next generation, will be an incredible alpha,"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Birth reveal

"Toothless! Honey, it's hatching!" Toothless dropped the fish he was holding quickly flew over to Light's side, other dragons surrounding them in excitement.
"Oh Odin, this is it. What if they don't like me? What if they get hurt while hatching? Do they need to eat right away? What if they aren't-" Toothless got cut off.

"Toothless, it'll be alright, as long as they live a wonderful life," Light reassured him.
"Yeah, you're right," He smiled as the shell of the egg broke. Every dragon looked in awe as a small paw came out, and a small dragon head popped out.
"Oh, oh my Odin," Toothless hesitantly leaned his head towards the baby dragon, they looked at him, made a small noise and licked his nose.

Immediately, Toothless started to tear up and covered his face.
"I can't do this, they're so cute. It's a trick," He muffled. Light laughed and brought the baby dragon closer.
"Let's see," Light looked the baby in their eyes and smiled.
"What shall we name her?" She asked Toothless as he basically sobbed on the floor.