xxxix. Quidditch Quarrels

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

chapter thirty nine | quidditch quarrels

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

KAYA LOVED QUIDDITCH. She loved everything to do with it. The robes, the brooms, all the different positions that made up the perfect team and gave them the win. And when she said she loved everything about Quidditch, she meant everything - the roaring adrenaline from the crowd, the unity between houses, the excitement of winning. Even the positions that didn't concern her, she adored - not to mention, how beautiful the golden snitch was. Kaya loved everything about Quidditch.

Except the Bludgers. The Bludgers can fuck off.

One of these two balls from hell crashed into Harry's back, causing him to fly forwards off his broom. Thankfully, he wasn't too far from the ground, although he still hit it with a loud thud, a series of gasps sounding around the stands amongst Madame Hooch's shrill whistle.

"Shit!" Kaya cried loudly.

"Shit, indeed," Milo said, his worried eyes fixated on the Quidditch Pitch.

But, Harry grimly took Angelina Johnson's hand, and allowed her to pull him to his feet. Madame Hooch was zooming towards Crabbe (that asshole), just as Maisie suggested,

"Shall we go down there and check on them all?"

"Yeah," Kaya said quickly, her mind jam-packed with all kinds of things. She wanted to check Harry was okay, although by the looks of it, he was. She wanted to speak to Jaeden, who was going to be gutted at his loss, she wanted to make sure Ron was okay, considering the insults being chanted at him all through the game. She wanted to congratulate the twins, and give Fred a big, tight, proud hug because she still couldn't quite believe how she'd managed to score herself such an amazing boyfriend.

But, as they edged nearer towards the pitch, they could feel the excitement of Gryffindor's win slowly drifting behind them in the crowds, now replaced by a tense atmosphere they could feel clutching onto them before they could even hear what was being said to cause it.

"What's happening?" Maisie muttered.

"I dunno... Malfoy's riling the Gryffindor team up, by the looks of it..." said Milo, as they paced over to the crowd of two teams.

"Oh, he's being an ass again, isn't he?" Kaya said with dread, wondering what on earth could be coming out of his mouth, this time.

"Wind your neck in, Malfoy, you've got a receding hairline at fifteen, I'd be more worried about that, if I were you," Maddie Jordan's snappy voice was the first to be heard as the trio grew nearer to the dispute.

"We wanted to write another couple of verses!" Malfoy called out, apparently ignoring Maddie, as Kaya rushed over to give Fred a hug and congratulate both him and George. "But we couldn't find rhymes for fat and ugly - we wanted to sing about his mother, see-"