-twenty eight-

"You did a good job," Tobias said to Annabelle who was still wrapped in his arms. "A couple more times and it'll be perfect,"

"More?" Anna said, tears still slowly falling down her face. She could go through all of that again but the last one, the only one based off of real memories.

"You'll be fine," Four began, "It's only- it's only the last one that needs some work," He looked at his closest friend and gulped, he hadn't known his past had affected her this must, he didn't know she felt that way: powerless.

"I'm sorry," She said once again, refusing to look at him as his eyes scanned her face. "I never did anything,"

"You did enough just by being my friend," He reassured, pulling away from their long hug and wiping her tears with his thumbs, "You got me through it."

Anna smiled slightly at Tobias as he said that, trying to convince herself he was being truthful and not just saying that to please her. He pulled her up from her seat and returned the smile.

"Do I look terrible?" She asked, wiping her under-eyes as much as possible.

"Never,"

***

Annabelle lays on her bed as Peter begins to read from newspaper in his hands, people crowding around him to hear better.

"The mass exodus of the children of Abnegation leaders cannot he ignored or attributed to coincidence. The recent transfer of Beatrice and Caleb Prior, the children of Andrew Prior, call into question the soundness of Abnegation's values and teachings." Peter began to read causing Annabelle to sit up on her bunk with her eyebrows furrowed. She saw Tris standing on the outskirts of the crowd, she looked emotionless as Peter continued.

"Why else would the children of such an important man decide that the lifestyle he has set out for them is not an admirable one? Molly Atwood, a fellow Dauntless transfer suggests a disturbed and abusive upbringing might be to blame. 'I heard her talking in her sleep once' Molly says 'She was telling her father to stop doing something. I don't know what it was but it gave her nightmares,'"

Tris walks closer to the crowd a scowl on her face, "What?" She demanded causing Peter to stop and multiple people to look her way. "Give me that,"

"But I'm not done reading," He replied, his amusement evident in his tone.

Annabelle felt absolutely horrible for Tris, she doubted her and Caleb transferred for that reason however Anna knew she couldn't count it out especially not when she knew about Marcus and Tobias. Annabelle also wondered if there was anything about her in the article Peter was reading, after all her parents were close with the council members, especially the Priors.

"However, perhaps the answer lies not in a morally bereft man but in the corrupted ideals of an entire faction. Perhaps the answer is that we have entrusted our city to a group of proselytising tyrants who do not know how to lead us out of poverty and into prosperity."

Tris storms up to Peter trying the best she could to snatch the paper from his hands, Peter having an obvious advantage with his height holds it above her so high that she was to jump. Tris however, doesn't jump. Instead she slams her heel into his foot causing Peter to groan and then throws herself at Molly.

Will intervenes pulling Tris away from Molly and out of the room, leaving the transfers flustered and shocked at the conflict that had just taken place.

Annabelle stood from her bed and began walking from the dormitory, from what she had heard her family hadn't been targeted, but that didn't mean Jeanine and the other Erudite's wouldn't in the future. Annabelle understood Tris' anger, after all Anna knew that's how she would react if it was her family.