6

"You are all going to love my Great Uncle Lex Luthor." Lila cooed, as the entered the LexCorp building.

"It's so amazing that you got this to be our senior trip, Lila!" exclaimed Nathaniel.

"I can't wait to got to the Daily Planet!" cried out Alya.

"Just remember, he won't call me his niece in front of you all because he doesn't want to seem like he's giving us special treatment." Lila encouraged.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Marinette!" screeched Alya, when the secretary opened Luthor's office, spotting the noirette.

"I'm here to spend time with my dad's family." Marinette frowned, crossing her arms.

"You're lying!" shouted Kim, pointing at her.

"You're here to ruin our trip!" cried Alix.

"I flew out here on Friday, after school! I didn't even know you were coming here! You all kicked me out of the room every time you had a meeting. I would do my homework in the library and turn it in before the end of the day. Isn't that right, Ms. Bustier?" Marinette asked, confidently.

"Yes." Bustier agreed, although a little confused.

'What is Marinette doing here?' Caline wondered.

"See. Coincidence." Marinette stated.

"Well, you can leave. We don't want you here." Alya demanded.

"You may not, but as I said, I'm visiting family." Mari spoke.

Another door off to the right opened to reveal Lex Luthor.

The class was in awe at the great man and Lila's Great Uncle, walked in.

"Minnie, Dear, this is the class I was telling you about." he announced.

'Dear?'

'Minnie?'

"Yes, I'm aware. These are my classmates." she spoke, glaring at them.

Suddenly, their warm welcome was gone as they watched as the great man turned to them with cold eyes.

"These are the wretched classmates you told us about; that decided you were unworthy of them?" he questioned, his glare never leaving the class.

"Yes, Father." Marinette spoke.

"Father!" Max shouted.

"Why would you, of all people, call Lex Luthor, Father?" questioned Alya.

"Young Lady, I will have you removed from this trip if you talk to her that way again! Marinette is my step-daughter!" Lex announced.

"Wait." spoke Juleka, "So you're related to Lila?"

"That explains the sibling-rivalry vibe!" smiled Rose.

"No; I am not!" declared Marinette.

"But Lila told us how she was Lex Luthor's Great Niece." spoke Ivan.

"Any comments, Father?" Mari asked, leaving the floor to him.

"I am an only child and have never fathered any children." he declared.

"Lila?" Marinette smiled.

"I-" Lila faltered.

"Perhaps this class isn't as hopeful as I was led to believe." Luthor spoke up.

"What do you mean?" asked Caline.