twenty one

I laughed at Morgan's joke, nudging him lightly. He took a sip of his beer, examining the scene around us.

"Damn, you've got fans" I rolled my eyes, drinking some of my virgin margarita.

God, I hated being shot. I couldn't drink shit.

"I guess you're right" I was going to continue, when I felt someone grab my aggressively. I jumped, turning my head to see who it was.

This revealed Spencer, who looked super nervous. He stood directly next to me, almost like he was shielding me from something. I narrowed my eyes in confusion, and so did Morgan.

"You okay, pretty boy?" He asked him, and he nodded quickly. He was obviously distressed,

He wouldn't look at me, "V, just don't move" He ordered. My narrowed eyes turned into a glare. I couldn't think of one reason why he was acting like this.

"Spencer, what the hell?" I questioned, and he gulped. I peaked behind his arm, trying to see what he was hiding me from. My eyes went wide.

Oh. Oh no.

I stood straighter and went back to hiding behind Spencer. "Is this a joke?" Spencer then shook his head violently,

"I don't know" Derek picked up both of his hands to show how completely lost he was.

"Bro, what the hell is going on?" We all stood in silence for a moment, when I decided to break it.

"It's Xavier" Derek's eyes went wide as his jaw dropped. He looked to the right to see where he was, "I can't believe he's here" I muttered, taking another sip of my drink.

"Hey, at least he looks like shit" I almost snorted, and Spencer ran a hand through his hair. "I mean, he gained at least 10 pounds and some greys. I thought he was only 30?" I shrugged,

"He probably lied about his age too" I said sarcastically. The three of us were laughing now, until Hotch walked up to us.

"Hey," He turned his head a little, looking at Xavier. "Why is that douchebag here?" He asked us. I sighed, rubbing the temples of my head.

Spencer was obviously angry too, "I don't know" he repeated. Aaron held his hand out for me to take, and I glanced at it.

"Come on" He said, and I poked my bottom lip with my tongue. Putting my drink down on the table, I took it, and he pulled me lightly towards the center of the tent. I was confused, but I didn't want to ask. I didn't care to, I was just excited it was him.

He put his hands on my waist right after he rested my arms on his shoulders. We were slow dancing to the quiet music.

Usually, when I would be the only one doing something in a room full of people, I would be nervous. But it almost felt like no one else was there. It was just him and I.

"Just ignore him, yeah? It's just you and me now," It was like he read my mind, and it made me shoot him a toothy grin. "You look really beautiful" He complimented. I scoffed lightly, looking down a little.

"Thank you, Aaron" I responded. He looked incredible too, per usual. He was wearing a red polo shirt matched with khakis, almost just like this morning. His hair was done, he looked polished. He always did, but for some reason, him in short sleeves always got me.

His arms were so fucking attractive.

"You know," He started, "I missed you this afternoon" He admitted, and I shrugged.

"Had to grab some stuff for the party" I lied. He nodded,

"I know," His eyes moved down to my lips, and he bit his own lightly. I wanted to kiss him so bad, but we were around almost every single person I knew, I couldn't have them knowing about us. Not yet.

Right now, everyone thought him and I were just close friends. I mean, minus the team. They knew something was up. Especially Spencer.

Aaron was about to open his mouth to speak again, but he was cut off rudely.

"Wow, Ronnie? Long time no see!" We both turned our heads, seeing Xavier standing there with a shit eating grin. His mahogany hair was slicked back, his dark blue eyes staring into my soul. Next to him stood Avery Miller, the girl who's hated me ever since high school. Hotch and I let go of one another, and Aaron stood straighter, almost puffing his chest out. He was ready to fight him, but I put my hand on his chest.

"Not long enough, Nelson" I shot him a bitchy smirk, and I felt a presence behind me. I turned my head slightly, seeing the rest of my friends standing behind me.

I wanted to laugh. It was eight against two.

"I heard you got shot, I thought it was an open invitation to check up on you"

"You lost all rights to come check up on her when she broke off the engagement" Spencer shot. I took my hand off of Aaron's chest, crossing my arms.

Examining him, I said, "Besides, it's not like you care" I smiled at Avery, "Lovely to see you showed up considering the last time I saw you you tried running me off the road" She stood her ground as well. I shrugged,

"Well," I stepped closer to him, "I'm going to go enjoy the rest of my night" I stared right into the lifelessness of his eyes, "I hope she's getting better sex" I whispered, looking down with my own shit eating grin. "I hope she doesn't have to fake it like I did" I patted his chest, walking away from him. Morgan snorted,

"Damn, you couldn't even do that right" He mocked, following behind me. Aaron smirked as everyone but him walked away. He leaned closer to Xavier so no one could hear what he was about to say.

"She doesn't have to fake it anymore" He suggested, crossing his arms. He was the final one to leave him in the center of the tent, stunned.