Chapter 26

Ayeon woke up to a pair of eyes staring into hers. She smiled as Donghyuck pulled her body closer to his, absorbing his warmth.

"Excited?" Donghyuck asked.

"For our date?" Donghyuck nodded. "I mean it would be nice to know where we were going."

Donghyuck ran his fingers through Ayeon's hair, untangling a few of the knots formed overnight. "You'll find out soon enough."

Ayeon nodded, staring into Donghyuck's dark brown orbs. He soon closed the distance between them, giving her a loving morning kiss.

"I could get used to this." Ayeon mumbled as Donghyuck slowly pulled away.

"Don't worry love, you're almost done. Just two more tests left." Donghyuck said before placing another kiss on her temples. "And then you'll be all mine."

"I can't wait until that happens." Ayeon said, resting her head on Donghyuck's chest.

...

The mall?

Ayeon parked her new motorcycle beside Donghyuck's at the front of the largest mall in Neo City. It was filled with people carrying large shopping bags as they walked around.

Ayeon felt extremely underdressed as she was wearing a simple sweater with grey jeans.

On the other hand, Donghyuck was dressed in a striped turtleneck with black jeans, his signature phoenix jacket on top

"We're going shopping?" Ayeon exclaimed as Donghyuck shook his head, fixing his hair that was messed by his helmet.

"Yeah, is there a problem?" Donghyuck asked her. Ayeon shook her head.

"No, I'm just surprised that someone like you would want to go to the mall." Ayeon admitted.

A small "tsk" escaped Donghyuck's lips. "Just because we're gang members, doesn't mean that we don't need clothes."

He glanced at the glass entrance of the mall before getting off his bike. "Come on, let's go get you some clothes that will match the leather jacket you'll be getting soon."

...

The two were getting large amounts of stares as they made their way from store to store but Donghyuck didn't seem fazed one bit. Instead, he ignored the looks they were getting, simply dragging Ayeon along and pushing her into change rooms with piles of clothes.

"Wow, you look good." Donghyuck said as Ayeon stepped out.

"You can't say that for everything." Ayeon whined making Donghyuck smile.

"But you do look good. I just don't think that top is showing your full potential." Donghyuck added.

"So this one's a no?" Ayeon asked. Donghyuck shook his head.