14

"What?" You asked.

     Loki gestured to his bathroom, telling you to go look for yourself. You gave him a glare as you crossed the room to go into the bathroom, though Loki knew it was all in good fun. You weren't really mad at him.

      Yet...

      "That's for thinking you can lie to the god of lies." Loki told you as you started to take your hair out of your braid.

      Loki had magically dyed your hair so it was easier to handle. The base color was still your regular hair color, but now it had a verity of colored highlights. Purple, blue, and pink to be exact. It looked chaotic and crazy, but the more you studied it the more you began to like it.

"You know..." you told Loki reaching up to comb through your hair with your fingers. "I like it."

"You like it?" Loki asked confused. He was expecting you to get upset, yelling at him to change it back. He was not expecting you to actually like the chaos your hair had become.

"I think it's fun." You told Loki with a shrug. "Plus, it's not the first time my hair has been pink." You liked messing with your hair. Dying it different colors, trying new styles. It was fun, and it wasn't like it was actually hurting it. Hair grows back.

"Though I don't know what Nate will think about it. Not many people go this crazy with their hair. It also won't match my dress's  color."

      Loki looked proud of himself for that, knowing he inconvenienced you a little. He really was not pleased about you lying to him. "Like I said Lady, that's what you get for lying to me." Loki told you with a smirk.

      "I guess this is what I get." You agreed with him with laughter in your voice, enjoying the friendly banter. "I'll just have to live with it."

     The rest of the night was fun and relaxing. You had dinner and watched a movie with the team.

*

      "(Y/n)?" Nate called to you in the halls when you were walking to your animal science class on Monday.

      You turned to him, giving him a warm friendly smile. You were in a good mood today. You made up with Loki over the weekend, went on your early morning flight with Eclipse, and had waffles for breakfast. Today was turning out great.

      "What did you do with your hair?" He asked as he looked over your chaotically crazy hair.

       "Courtesy from the god of chaos." You replied with a smile, running your fingers through it. "Life has gotten a bit more interesting around the tower."

Nate let his face fall for a split second, letting his distaste for your new hair flash in his eyes before he quickly covered it up. "Is he planing on changing it back before the dance this weekend?" He asked, trying his best to sound casual.

"I don't believe so." You told he gently. "He was quite pleased with himself when I told him it would clash with our dance colors. Plus, I kinda like it. It's always fun to have a bit a chaos."

"That may be..." Nate agreed slowly, trying to find the right words to say. "It's just... I'm afraid we might stick out in the group we're going with."

The group he was talking about was the popular kid group. The group with all the football players, cheerleaders, and rich kids.

It was true, you would stand out in the group. Even something as simple as colored hair was enough to stick out like a sore thumb.

Everyone in this group seamed to all think the same way, dress the same way, and hold them selves in the same manner. Only the most popular, well groomed kids, and richest kids were in this group.

Which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. No. Groups were formed by people who had things in common.

Rich kids usually hung around other rich kids. Athletic kids were friends with other athletic kids. And nerdy kids geeked out with other nerdy kids.

     No. The bad thing was when you got thrusted into a particular group and were expected to fallow their unwritten rules. Or if people expected you to act like a certain group just because of your family.

    "I'm always sticking out." You pointed out logically. "Not many people have a dragon or live in the Avengers Tower. A bit of colored hair won't change anything."

     You could tell Nate wanted to argue. You could see it in his forced smile. But he let it drop, knowing you were not going to change your mind.

     You knew why Nate had asked you to this dance, you weren't blind. He wanted you as some sort of prize.

     After all, who wouldn't want to date an Avenger?

     You knew Nate was only making a fuss over your new hair because it wasn't in his 'perfect dance' vision. He wanted to take the most 'popular' girl in school. (Popular being, the one everyone wants to be friends with but don't know how, so then everyone just stairs and talks about you behind your back.)

     This, of course, didn't surprise you one bit. Even before the Avengers people used you for your family connections, money, or possessions. Having a rich doctor as a father had its perks, but it also has draw backs.

But then again that's life for you. Everything has it's good and it's bad.