5

Rezalia sighs as they sit on their rinos. Honestly, she wasn't sure why they had war rinos anyway. Was a rino really the best animal for this? They had just gotten here, and Rezalia already felt that they'd been there too long. Thankfully, they wouldn't be sitting around much longer if the footsteps walking toward them was any indicator. The chief of the village walks through the door in front of them, yawning.

"Having trouble sleeping?" Zuko asks as he slides down off his rino. He pushes the chief up against the door roughly. "Seen the avatar lately?"

The chief hurriedly tells them where the avatar was headed, causing Rezalia to frown at how easy he caved. Did he hold no loyalty to the avatar at all? Not long after, they were back on the ship with Rezalia pacing back and forth on the deck.

"Sailing into Fire Nation waters...of all the foolish things you have done in your 16 years, Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish," Iroh snaps, voice oozing of frustration and concern.

"I have no choice, Uncle."

Rezalia whirls around to face him, anger written on her face in bold letters. "No choice?! You have no choice?! Of course you have a choice! You can sail into Fire Nation waters and get arrested or you can wait until the avatar comes back. He's not an idiot, Z! He won't stay over there forever!"

"You don't know that," Zuko says.

"You don't know that he'll stay! You're going over there based off what?! Information that might not even be legit!"

"I can't take that chance, Zali!" Zuko snaps. "Look, I won't force you to come with me. If you want, we can drop you off at the nearest port with some guards and enough money to start you off. But I have to do this."

Rezalia sighs, shoulders drooping. "I think this is a bad idea. In fact, I think this is the worst idea you've ever had. But I'm going with you."

Zuko nods and looks back through his telescope. "There they are! Helmsman, full steam ahead!" he shouts after a moment. Rezalia walks to her room to change into her combat outfit.

"Er, are you alright, miss?" one of the crew member asks when she emerges from her room. It takes Rezalia a moment to realise that she had been scowling.

"Oh, yes, sorry. Just arguing with Zuko."

"The prince?"

"Yep."

"If I may ask, what were you arguing about?"

"The fact that he's making bad decisions. But what else is new. Sorry, but I never caught your name?"

"Oh! It's Tierson, miss."

"Drop the miss thing, Tierson. It's not necessary. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm needed on deck." With that, Rezalia walks away, leaving the young crew member to his own devices.

"Where have you been?" Zuko asks when Rezalia rejoins him and Iroh. The girl bristles at his tone.

"Having a conversation. It's something people do, you know. Usually without being an ass," she snaps back. Zuko bites his lip and looks down.

"I'm doing it again, aren't I?"

"Yes. You are," Rezalia replies shortly.

"I'm sorry, Zali. I'm trying. But I keep screwing up," Zuko says, voice full of frustration aimed at himself.

"I know, Z. I know that you're trying. And I'm so proud of you for that. I just wish I could make you see that all of this-" she gestures to their course. "-isn't necessary. This isn't how you regain your honor, if you even lost it in the first place."