Chapter 4

Harry's POV

    Everyone made their way back to the Great hall, Beauxbatons sat with the Ravenclaws and Durmstrangs sat with the Slytherins. Like normal, the food appeared on the tables and I began eating.

    After a little while, Dumbledore stood up to make an announcement. Slowly, everybody quieted down so he could talk.

    ''As you know, the Triwizard Tournament is going to begin in a week. In that time, anyone who is above the age limit and wishes to participate, please write your name and school on a piece of paper and put it in the Goblet of Fire. At the end of the week the Goblet of Fire will choose a champion from each school to participate in the three trials. And with that enjoy the rest of dinner.'' Dumbledore sat down and everyone started talking again. 

Hermione, as usual, had her nose in a book. The book she was reading seemed different this time, it was much thicker than any other book she'd ever read. I looked at the cover, it was red leather with gold detailing. The title was written in flowing cursive, it read Magical Families and Their History. She was obviously still trying to find more on the new professors. Ron looked up from his plate of food.

''Did you find anything interesting yet?'' he asked with his mouth still full of food.

''Not much, but I did find out that Maria Di Angelo had two kids, a daughter named Bianca, and a son named Nico.''

''So you do know Professor Di Angelo's bloodline?''

''That's what I thought at first, but the younger child, the son, was born 1932. So he would have to be around sixty, but the man up there can't be more than twenty-five.''

''I see the problem, but are you sure he doesn't just a Sorcerer's Stone, like Nicolas Flammel.'' Ron was no longer paying attention. Instead, he was having a heated argument with Seamus and Dean about which sports teams were better.

''I don't think he does.'' Hermione said, snapping him back to their conversation. ''I'm pretty sure there was only only one Stone ever made, and you destroyed it in first year.''

''I guess you're right.'' I responded, though my thoughts started to wander.

Finally it was time to head back to the dorms. I walked down the dark corridor, watching the paintings. The Fat Lady was asleep in her portrait, but was woken up by all the noise of the talking students.

''Passwords?'' she spoke in a bored tone.

''Balderdash.'' Hermione said, and the portrait swung forward to reveal the Gryffindor common room. I followed Ron through the hole. We found seats near the corner, where there weren't many people. 

''I'm so excited for the Triwizard Tournament, it's a shame we can't participate.'' Ron said as we sat down.

''Yeah, I wonder what the trails are going to be.'' I replied. Although I would love to participate, I understood their reasoning for the age limit.

''I think Fred and George said they were going to enter anyways.'' Ron said. Hermione looked up from her book.

''That right, we are.'' a voice behind me stated. I turned around to see the Weasley twins standing behind me smiling. 

We talked for a while and then we went up to the dormitories and went to sleep.

TIME SKIP ^-^

            After breakfast, we had double potions with Slytherins. I walked down to the dungeons with Hermione and Ron. We were walking down a staircase and I almost forgot about the trick step, but I remembered and quickly stepped over it. When we entered the dungeon, Snape glared at me. He seems especially angry, though he's always mad at me. 

    ''Today we are making the Calming Draught. I have written the directions on the board.'' Snape said in his drawling voice. The door opened right after he finished talking. I looked to see who it is, Professor Solace walked quickly to the front of the classroom.

''What do want?'' he said, narrowing his eyes. Professor Solace looks quite out of place in the dark dungeon. He is normally bright and cheery, but he looked pretty worried. He hands Snape something, a letter maybe. Then says something quietly to him. Then walked briskly out of the room. He opened the letter. Scowling, he walked into his office. A few minutes later, he walked out of his office carrying a bottle filled with a black potion. He then exited the room, leaving everyone confused. 

    After potions we went to lunch. When we arrived in the dining hall, I noticed that Professor Di Angelo and Professor Solace were both missing from the head table. I turned to Hermione and asked her what she thought the potions Snape had was.

''It looked like either a dreamless sleep potion or,'' she paused, looking a little worried,'' Draught of Living Death.''

''What could Professor Solace want with a Draught of Living Death?'' I was very surprised.

''I don't know, but be quiet he just walked in.'' I followed her gaze to the door, where Professor Solace had just walked in. Professor Di Angelo wasn't with him. I watched as he walked up to the head table, whispered something to Dumbledore. After having a short conversation with Dumbledore, he walked over and sat down.

At the end of lunch, Dumbledore stood up. After a few seconds the hall quieted down, there were only a few whispers from the other schools.

''Do to unforeseen complications, all wandless defense classes will be cancelled until further notice. Use the time you would normally spend in this class to study for your OWLs and NEWTs. Have a nice rest of your day.'' The Great hall was silent for a couple of seconds, then everyone began whispering. We got up to go to our next class, herbology.

''What do you think happened that they had to cancel the classes?'' Hermione wondered. At that moment, Draco Malfoy passed.

''You saw what Solace got from Professor Snape. I bet Di Angelo did something stupid.'' He said laughing. Hermione glared at him, it was obvious she didn't like him insulting the new teachers.

A/N
hey it's another chapter, hope you enjoyed it. sorry its so late, I forgot to finish it. but anyway, comment if there is anyones POV you want to see.
Have a nice day/night you beautiful bean! Byeeeeeee