11

"Well, what do you think?" asked Marinette, knowing her Dad heard every word.

"That boy was clearly uncomfortable with her." stated Lex.

"She's the liar, correct?" asked Clark.

Marinette nodded.

"I'll allow it. He can stay in the penthouse, but you are correct about Gotham." declared Luthor.

"I'll make a call to Bruce and then we can call Gabriel." suggested Clark.

Marinette handed over Gabriel's number and left to join Damian and the others in the cafeteria.

"Bruce. This is Clark. I have a situation here that needs your help." Clark spoke.

"I'll see what I can do. What do you need?" Bruce replied.

"That promising class we were telling you about were Minnie's classmates." Lex stated, "Nothing but morons and a liar to rule over them. The whole essay was a lie."

"What do you need me to do?" he repeated.

"Well, a friend of hers asked parental permission to be pulled off the trip. He wants to stay with her." Clark began.

"But she'll be coming over so you want to know if I can lend you a spare room." He concluded.

"Yes." answered Lex, "His family is well off. He wants to become a vet, instead of the rubbish that was written on this....fairytale script!"

"I don't have a problem with it so long as he sticks with Marinette." Bruce declared, "What's his name?"

"Adrien Agreste." Clark stated, "Now, we jut have to inform his father."

"Hello, this is Lex Luthor and Clark Kent. We'd like to speak with Mr. Agreste about his son." Lex announced.

"One moment." Natalie spoke, passing the call to Gabriel.

"This is Gabriel Agreste." he stated.

"Hello, Mr. Agreste this is Marinette's fathers, here in Metropolis. We came to an understanding that Adrien needed our help." spoke Clark.

"I was unaware my son was being forced to room with someone of the opposite sex on this trip." Gabriel sneered.

"We have no problem allowing your son to stay in our penthouse until Marinette returns home." Lex declared.

"Our only issue is that she will also be going to Gotham." Clark spoke up.

"I see." Gabriel sighed.

"I have already contacted Bruce Wayne, whom Marinette will be staying with, and he has no problem opening his home to your son, as well." Clark concluded.

'This Marinette keeps getting more interesting.'

"I'm concerned about Adrien being in Gotham though." Gabriel suggested, "What kind of defenses does Bruce Wayne have, exactly?"

"All of the Wayne boys are all trained in combat and self-defense." Clark started.

"Adrien would be well protected in their care. They always use a driver to get around Gotham." Lex added, "Besides, Damian is overprotective of Marinette and carries a weapon with him at all times."

'Well there goes that idea.'

"Very well. I shall allow my son to accompany her to Gotham, as well." Gabriel concluded, "I shall send the necessary paperwork."